Ch 20: The truth

It's been a week since you've been living with X. He seemed happy that you wanted to stay with him during Four's absence. But at the same time, he seemed nervous whenever he was around you. Still, you both managed to enjoy each other's company.

You woke up to a funny feeling on your forehead. You then opened your eyes, X had one of his hands on your forehead, and it was glowing. Confused, but not wanting to interrupt X, you waited until he finished.

"What... are you doing X?" You asked as you sat up from the couch.

"Oh um... I noticed that you complained about your head hurting... so I healed it!" X exclaimed, looking proud of himself.

"Wait, you healed me?" You questioned. "You healed my head injury?"

You felt your head, feeling that whatever wound had vanished. Then you looked at your body, everything seemed normal. It felt odd, but at the same time you weren't complaining.

"Well... yeah. It appeared that you had suffered some brain damage... It took me a while to heal you, since I'm not as experienced as Four." X said, sounding a bit sad.

"You mean, when I was in the vacuum of space... Thanks, I appreciate you healing me." You said, giving X a thumbs up.

X smiled a bit, then walked over toward the dining room. You decided to follow him, since you were hungry and you could tell there was food by the smell.

"I made some food incase you were hungry." X said, pointing a plate of food on the table. "I hope you like it."

You sat down at the table, staring at your plate of food. There was a moment of hesitation, as you were unsure of the quality of the food. Most of the objects didn't cook, and that alone made you wary of eating anyone else's cooking. Then you took a bite of the food, and you were surprised.

"This tastes better than my own cooking." You exclaimed, leaning back in the chair.

You then started to eat the rest of the food that X cooked for you. It was somehow better than the food that you cooked. Either way, you weren't complaining about the quality of the food since it tasted really good.

When you both finished eating, you both sat on the couch again. For some odd reason, X seemed really nervous about something. Maybe he wasn't used to being this close to you or any of the contestants for prolonged periods of time.

"Why are you so nervous around me all of a sudden? Is there something I did wrong?" You questioned.

"Well... do you want to know how you ended up here?" X asked.

"I fell through a portal in my world." You explained. "Although I'm not sure about who opened that portal though..."

"It was me." X told you.

"What?" You questioned. "No, you're just trying to me feel better or something." You said, feeling an overwhelming nervous feeling wash over you.

X then snapped his fingers, two portals then appeared in front of you both. For some reason, the feeling felt oddly familiar. Almost too familiar...

"I wanted to be the one who brought us here, so Four let me open a portal. But I messed up and the portal didn't appear in front of us..." X said, and then explained the events that took place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four and X were at the equation playground. X wanted to be the one who took Four and himself so that they could start BFB, so he was trying to open a portal. X then snapped his fingers, yet a portal didn't appear as he had hoped.

"Did I do something wrong? Why didn't the portal appear?" X questioned.

"Yes, you did mess up since you're not as experienced at doing this as I am. The exit to the portal appeared at the desired location... the entrance to it seemed to have appeared at a different location..." Four said, as he concentrated on the portals.

While Four was trying to figure out where the portal entered appeared, X looked around nervously. He wasn't used to opening portals, and he hoped that nothing too bad had happened due to him messing up.

"The entrance to the portal appeared in the human dimension, and someone fell through it." Four told X.

"The human dimension? Oh no! I really messed up!" X said, feeling upset that he accidently caused someone to unwillingly enter his portal.

 "Let's... just worry about this later. We need to get going." Four said.

Four then snapped his fingers, and a portal appeared in front of the both of them. Then they went though it and the portal closed behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I see... I appreciate you telling me this." You said.

You would've freaked out at this, but you've been through so much that it barely bothered you at this point. You watched as the portals soon closed. You sighed, feeling somewhat overwhelmed and upset with this new information. You rested your face on your hands as you closed your eyes.

"You uh... seem kind of sad. Is everything all right?" X asked.

"No. I've just been sad recently." You said. "I suppose I've just been touch starved for far too long."

"Um... Do you want a hug? I heard those make people feel better." X said.

"I could use a hug." You said.

The two of you then hugged, as you slowly started to feel better. After a bit, you both released from the hug. It felt odd, but at the same time it felt great.

"Thanks, I needed that." You smiled a bit. "I haven't had a hug in a long time, ever since I arrived here."

Then the two of you played a few games together, and you both enjoyed that. X couldn't play games with you all day, since he needed to think of the next challenge for the contest. Which made you upset since it reminded you of the competition.

"You know... I think you're doing a good job of hosting." You said, complimenting X.

X smiled at that, and then went back to writing on a notepad. You then nodded your head and went to do whatever you felt like doing at the moment.