Ch 12: Alone time

The sun hits against your face, as you're laying down on the grass. After experiencing another near death scenario, you needed some alone time. You didn't mind hanging out with the objects and having fun with their shenanigans.

But you couldn't keep up with them for long periods of time. They seemed to have endless energy, and didn't seem to get tired. It unfortunately meant that you had to take the occasional break, but the objects didn't seem to mind.

You then looked around the scenery. Everything felt so peaceful, despite the competition that you're part of. You then sat up, and blinked for a bit. You decided to head towards the beach, since you've never seen it in this world.

After a full ten minutes of walking, you made it to the beach. However you didn't feel like going into the water. Mostly since you heard about the dangerous fish monsters that live in the ocean. At first you thought they were talking about sharks, but you knew that wouldn't be the case.

Even if you did want to go into the water, you didn't have any swimming clothes. So you made sure to stay a reasonable distance from the water. You didn't plan on getting eaten by any fish monsters today.

Then a thought came to your head. It was about your mental state. You didn't feel like you were going insane, not at all. Sure, you're in a world of sentient objects, but other than that you were doing alright.

All of a sudden, you felt someone tug on your arm. You looked over and noticed Fries, along with Puffball floating nearby.

"You don't mind if we stay here, do you?" Fries asked.

"Uh, not at all." You said, then looked back at the ocean.

The water wasn't really moving at all, which you found to be weird. But you decided not to question it. There were already enough strange things that have happened, all you could do is go with the flow.

"So, you're a human right? What's it like?" Puffball questioned, speaking in her vocoded tone, while changing color.

"Its far different that what you're used to. I have to eat, drink and sleep in order to stay alive. Along with making sure I'm healthy and that I'm not doing stuff that's bad for my health." You said.

The two objects nodded, somewhat understanding what you said. They didn't say much, and decided to watch the sunset with you. It was relaxing, as you felt you mind rest.

It felt wonderful, considering you didn't really give yourself time to relax. Despite everything that has happened, you felt like you were alright. You then opened your eyes, looking at the beautiful sunset.

After a while, you stood up and decided to walk along the beach, to see if there was anything of interest. Unfortunately, there wasn't. But that didn't matter, at least you tried to find something of interest.

That's when a sudden thought hit you. Even if you did manage you did manage to get back home, what would you say? There wouldn't be any plausible explanation as to how you're doing so well. Especially if you talked about the sentient objects you met, everyone would think you're crazy.

"Damit... what am I going to do..." You whispered to yourself, walking around for a bit.

You ended up dropping the thought, since it wouldn't do you any good to think about. Then you noticed something moving in the water. You backed up, making sure to put distance between the water and you.

Then you noticed a creature poke its head out of the water, and looked at you. It narrowed its eyes, and went back into the water. That was... something. But you at least know what the fish monsters look like at least.

You walked back near the team homes, trying to think of something to do. But there really wasn't much to do. Then you remembered the swings, so you headed over towards them. You sat down on a swing, and stared at the ground.

You remember when your parents took you to the local park every weekend when you were a kid. It was a pretty good time, but looking back on it now, it was a little sad. Sad that you couldn't relive those memories. But... at least you had them, that's what mattered. 

Then you ended up sitting on the swing set for a while. Then you got off and went to your team's home. You started to feel exhausted, since yesterday the objects had you running all over the place since you were playing tag.

You got in bed and closed your eyes. You stayed there for a bit then fell asleep...