Ch 4: Mixed feelings

It's been a week since you've last seen Four and X. They were off doing their own thing. You are currently in your bed, thinking about the things that you figured out.

Blackhole wasn't allowed inside the house since it would get sucked up by him. The fridge restocked its contents every day, so food isn't an issue you need to worry about. Other than being trapped in a world full of sentient objects, you were doing okay.

You sigh, getting out of your bed, changing out of your pajamas. Then, you walked out of your bedroom and into the living room. You notice your team is playing a few board games, and having fun.

You notice that Bottle has a plate of eggs while everyone else doesn't have food. You weren't sure if objects needed to eat as much food as you did.

You shrugged your shoulders and walked into the kitchen. Taking some leftovers from the fridge, you put them in the microwave.

When your food finished microwaving, you took it out and sat at the dining room table. You begin to eat your food, feeling your hunger fade away. You stopped halfway through and started to think.

You didn't know how to feel about being in a world of sentient objects. On one hand, you're doing okay and having fun with your team. But on the other, you're unsure how you'll be able to return home.

You then felt a light tug on your arm, interrupting your thoughts. Looking over, you notice Pen sitting next to you.

"Are you going to finish your food? You've been staring at the wall for the past few minutes." Pen said.

"Oh, right. Yeah, I'm still hungry." You said as you went back to eating your food.

"You don't need to eat though, right?" Pie asked as she sat next to you.

"Well, I do. Why are you asking? Don't you all need to eat as well?" You questioned.

"We don't need to eat. But sometimes we do, but it's mostly for the taste." Pie replied.

You nodded as you finished eating your meal. You took the plate and fork and washed it using the kitchen sink.

"Well, I have to eat. Otherwise, I'll starve to death." You said.

"Starve to death? You mean, if you don't eat food you'll die?" Pen questioned, the rest of your team now looking at you.

"Yeah. But the fridge restocks its contents every day, so that shouldn't be a problem." You said.

You then went outside since you wanted to talk with Black Hole. Despite him almost killing you a week ago, you needed to get over your fear of him. You walked over to Black Hole, making sure to keep your distance.

"Hello, Black Hole." You said.

"Hey y/n. How are you doing?" Black Hole asked.

"I'm uh, doing okay. Everyone else on the team is playing a few games inside. So I decided to talk with you instead." You replied.

"Oh well, it would be nice to talk with you." Black Hole said.

The both of you ended up talking for a while. Despite your fear of Black Hole since you almost died to him, you learned that he is caring and respectful. He told you that he values life, which is why he joined Death PACT.

Despite standing next to a being that could kill you within seconds. You were instead having a nice conversation.

"So, Flower threatened to crush you since you didn't want to open a jar for her?" You questioned.

"Pretty much. She only asked me to do it because I'm strong." Black Hole said.

"I'll admit, that's a bit funny." You replied, smiling a bit.

You stood there in silence, thinking to yourself. This place wasn't all that bad, but at the same time, you wanted to go back home.

"You know, I was pretty afraid of you at first. I almost didn't join Death PACT because I was terrified that you might kill me. But now I see that you're a pretty calm person." You said.

"Well, I'm glad that you did join. Also, I'm sorry for almost killing you." Black Hole said.

"So, do you want to be friends?" You asked.

"Sure." Black Hole replied.

You sighed in relief, glad that you didn't have to worry about Black Hole killing you anymore. You both talked for a long time, with you taking breaks to eat and use the bathroom.

When the sun started to set, you said goodbye to Black Hole and went inside the home. You got into your bed after a shower and dinner. You closed your eyes and went to sleep.