Chapter 14: Things Change

AN: This chapter has character death, Rate M.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Chapter 14: Things Change.

Satanchia Mansion...

In Naruto's parents' bedroom, the blonde sat on the floor as he summoned his wife and two maids, telling them to enter quietly.

They saw the sleeping Lady Satanchia in her bed and wondered where the Lord of the house was; but before they could ask, Naruto told them what Lord Lucifuge had told him the day before.

The three were shocked, but Naruto ordered them to keep his mother's survival a secret and to go get some food for her when she woke up; he also told them to prepare a bath for her.

Naruto couldn't sleep that night; his mind was racing with various theories about what had happened, and he wondered where his father was.

The blonde decided to wait until his mother woke up and get the answers from her; about an hour later she started to stir with Naruto by her side helping her sit up while Mio brought her some water to drink.

"Mom are you okay," Naruto asked as he held her in his arms.

"I will be fine sweetheart," Lady Isha replied, then her face fell as she recalled the circumstances that had brought her here.

Naruto looked at Lady Isha, who was now staring off into space, seemingly lost in thought. "Where is Dad?" he asked.

"Your father is dead; he was slain at the hands of the archangel Michael," Lady Satanchia responded in a sad voice as she began to retell everything that had transpired.

Flashback...

After the Satans forsook their troops to the merciless hands of the heavenly army, the conflict turned into a slaughter; Lord Satanchia had devised a strategy for his wife to escape.

They were back-to-back fighting off angels."I have a plan," Lord Damian said, "but I don't believe you're going to like it."

"What is it?" Lady Isha asked as she shot a magic bullet at an angel who had tried to get a sneak attack on them when he noticed they were talking.

"We are in a tight spot right now, and our troops won't be able to prevail," Lord Satanchia said grimly. "But one of us can make it out of this alive, and it has to be you."

"What do you mean by 'don't be ridiculous,'" Lady Isha said. "If I leave here, you will be as good as dead."

"But if you don't, we are both going to die," Lord Satan said. "There is no need for the both of us to perish; Naruto will need one of us to guide him."

Lady Isha remained silent for a few moments, but Lord Damian knew he had won when he mentioned Naruto; the couple hadn't married each other out of love, but due to political reasons, they both respected each other greatly and adored their son above all else.

"You're being unfair bringing up Naruto right now," Lady Isha declared as she watched her spouse cut an angel in half.

"I know, but I must do what is required to ensure you survive," Lord Satanchia replied with a sad smile. "Now, summon all of your puppets and get ready to withdraw."