xlv.

chapter forty-five.

Hope, Natalie, and Iris had no idea what was happening as Rina and Oliver led them to the courtyard.

"What's going on?" Iris asked as she took note of the several other girls that were there.

It wasn't many maybe five other girls, but with them there it made eight.

"Just wait." Rina laughed softly while pulling out her phone. "I am so gonna never let y'all live this down." She laughed before letting Oliver drag her to a good spot to record.

Hope was about to question the girl beside her when they heard it, the god-awful music from High School Musical 3 which wasn't actually that bad, but they hadn't seen the movie since they were children.

Hope, Natalie, and Iris immediately spotted the boys and covered their mouths, Iris was doing her best to keep from bursting out laughing at how silly Malik looked as he dancing the routine. Hope thought that Rafael looked adorable honestly while Natalie couldn't believe that MG was actually dancing to this song.

With their hands behind their backs, the boys stepped forward to the beat of the song until they were standing in front of the girls they wanted to take to prom. Rafael, MG, and Malik all pulled out white roses along with the others and awes erupted from everyone around as they held them out to the girls.

The three girls took them with wide grins of amusement on their faces, Rafael sent Hope a look and Malik did the same to Iris while MG simply smiled at Natalie who was blushing. Taking the rose from them, they gasped softly when the boys took their hands and began to dance with them. Now, none of them had prepared to suddenly dance the waltz in the courtyard and yet, here they were doing just that.

Rina was recording the entire time, several teachers including the Mikaelson's came out at some point and were watching with amused smiles. Vincent had been passing and noticed the commotion and even found himself watching with a small laugh, this sight, the sight of the kids mingling like this and there being no malice or hatred anywhere in sight is all he's ever wanted for the growing children of New Orleans and here they had just that.

After being lifted and spun around, the dancing finally came to an end and Malik, MG, and Rafael were on their knees with small cards in their hands being held out to the girls. Taking the cards and opening them slowly, breathless laughs left their lips are the adorable note inside.

I know we just danced but can I have another dance at prom?

With nods from almost every girl aside from a few apologizing saying they had already been asked, it ended with loud cheers and clapping.

Malik nearly collapsed into Iris' embrace when the girl hugged him, he was tired as he had never really danced as much as he just did, nor did he ever plan on doing so but MG was so insistent.

"I'm going to kill him." Malik groaned onto Iris' shoulder.

Iris laughed and ran her hands down his back. "Come on, look how cute him and Natalie look."

Malik lifted his head slightly and he could see MG and a blushing Natalie talking to one another. Indeed, Natalie looked very happy as well as slightly embarrassed but that was normal considering that MG did just ask her to prom in front of a shit ton of people.

"I can't believe that you even asked me." Iris laughed with a shake of her head. "I just assumed we'd be going to keep up the act."

The act meaning their fake relationship, a fake relationship that no longer felt so fake to Malik. He wouldn't dare admit that though.