Prelog

Ace's Point of view

    I would have been walking down the street. Cop cars everywhere. "damn. Who broke into the old movie theater?" Tony asks. "Man, who knows? This is New York." I mutter pulling out my phone. I look at it as we walk past. "Why is everyone who's not a cop or a medic so.... Bloody?" He asks. "Guess someone died, Bambi," I say. He lets out a shaky sigh. "Man, every place we go there are Murders and shit. I thought. moving to New York or Brooklyn. It was safe. Guess not..." He mutters, I roll my eyes.
"Welcome to everyday life. People get killed. Means nothing. People go mad." I say then put my phone away, "That's not good....being mad... people going mad" He mutters. "Aw, Bambi. We all go a little mad sometimes." I say with a smile. "Ace stop. That smile scares me" he mutters with a whimper. I roll my eyes. The cops start to clear out leaving the place empty. I discover something on the ground. It was black and white and it looked old. I walk over and pick it up.
"That's the scary ass mask from the Stab movies you forced me to watch," Tony says. "The one where the first two or three were based on true events" he adds. "I didn't force you to do shit. You wanted to see 'em with me." I say, "Leave it, Ace. Isn't that police evidence?" He says. "They left it. Can't be." I mutter. "We should take it to them," he responds. "No, I like it. I'm keeping it." I say. "Then keep it far away from me..." He mutters. I hum as we start to walk again.
-Six months later-
    As My foster parents moved I came with them, It seemed Tony had followed as well. As I unpack I find the old mask I picked up back in New York. I walk over to the bedroom mirror putting it on. "Fucking Boo," I say scarcely. I chuckle. A chuckle that is not mine follows, I then would proceed to see my dead best friend; Clare.
    I let out a sigh, taking the mask off. "Need your meds huh?" she says with a smirk. I haven't had my meds In a while...I was doing well with schizophrenia until after what happened in New York... "Just shut up." I muttered looking at the mask. she lets out Another chuckle. "I see you've found your dead father's mask Lynn......it suits you" I look up at her.
She had almost a soft but proud smile. It also looked psychopathic. I get a weird feeling which causes me to smile looking at the mask, I let out a chuckle. I moved to look up once again, she was now gone. I throw the mask into the closet slamming the door shut. "Fuck off!" I mutter.