Chapter 19

Ari was the one who found me still in a puddle of feelings. Jordan had tried to calm me down but I was a wreck. I couldn't explain it but I was emotional about all of the events of the last two days. I hated the fact Tyler was pulling this on me now. His green eyes, so full of hurt, were burned into my mind.

Ari's pale blue eyes stared back quietly. He sat on the floor with me while I collected myself.

When I finally calmed down he gave me a small smirk, "What's going on Gorgeous?"

"Tyler is acting like I just stabbed him in the back and I didn't mean to do anything to him." I was nervous being that honest but I needed to be.

Ari reached his hand out and used his thumb to wipe away my tears. "Alex, that's Tyler for you. You don't know him like I do. He is pissed because Brenna bruised his ego. He's pissed because he was an idiot talking shit about this thing going on between you and me and it blew up in his face. He's alone and his ego is wounded. Don't make that your fault."

"I can't help feeling bad though."

Ari took the hand that had wiped my tears away and placed it on my neck. He leaned over and gave me a small kiss. When he leaned back he just smiled, "and that my Gorgeous girl is why you are the best thing to happen to this fucked up group of kids in years."

My smile grew. My Gorgeous girl. I like that.

Ari got up and pulled me with him. We walked hand in hand out to Jake's Jeep. The plans had changed so that we were going over to the Stones' house. It was roughly seven streets over from mine. The families even all lived close to each other it seemed. I walked in a little timidly but Ari seemed to know this house as well as his own.

Out of all the families I had only ever been in my cousin's and Ari's houses since I had been back. Reece and Ryan were sitting in an oversized loveseat in the living room. This had to be Principal Stone's house, not Mr. Stone's.

Jake headed towards the back of the house where I could hear the sounds of other kids. I wondered if Tyler was here.

Ari kept me close to him and we sat on a small couch. I pulled Elle onto my lap. She was still really upset from the incident with Aaron earlier. I traced lines on her back, trying to comfort my friend. She leaned back and cuddled into me. I held her like I would a baby.

This room was obviously designed to house a lot of company. There was a moment of awkward silence and Ryan decided to break the ice.

"So Alex you have a class with Reece right?"

I smiled. "Yep."

Reece smiled politely and said, "English Class."

And I thought I was shy around new people.

We started talking about school and one another's siblings and all the fallouts from yesterday. Elle was in the middle of telling us about how Brenna had run into Nixon at The Garage after she left the party last night when the doorbell rang.

Ryan jumped up and answered.

A few seconds later all three of my cousins, Aaron, and Tyler were coming through the door. I wanted to shrink into a hole. Instead I slightly hid behind Elle who was tensing up in my lap. Aaron looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't. Tyler looked like he wanted to punch someone. James pulled him in the direction of the back room Jake had disappeared to earlier. Tyler pulled Aaron with him. I felt Elle start to get up but pulled her back. This was not the time for that conversation.

Well this was awkward.

Laura followed the boys but Dylan stayed. My oldest cousin decided that it was up to him to put the fear of God into Ari.