Chapter 4

Tyler was last off the stage and stayed when the rest of the band headed into the crowd. To my dismay, the other kids followed the band. The gorgeous camera boy looked back and gave me a final smile and snapped another photo of me. It made my heart skip a beat. I stood there awkwardly, as James and Tyler talked for a few minutes, kind of hoping that James would officially introduce us. Finally, Tyler looked at me and smiled a perfectly, crooked grin. He was cute but had nothing on Camera Boy.

"Alex right?" I couldn't tell if he was asking James or me.

James looked at me then; seeming to finally realize that I was still there. "Oh shit, my bad, yeah Ty this is Alex. Alex, Ty. Sorry, I forget you don't really know each other."

I did a small wave. Tyler's grin multiplied. He stuck out his hand  and I shook it like we were two people meeting for the first time not just the first time in over three years.

"Long time no see Alex. What's it been; like 5 hours?"

I smiled, "And about three years before that."

He made sure to have my gaze before he spoke again. "I still can't believe the little girl who used to play street hockey with us in the summer is all grown up and gorgeous."

That made me blush. I kept quiet though and just shrugged.

James rolled his eyes, "Cut the shit man, she's still my baby cousin."

Tyler smirked harder, "Sorry Alex, I forgot. You being related to this turd makes you automatically hideous. I'll have to remember that."

"I thought your brother Gavin dates James' sister Laura?"

"I guess Mason likes ugly girls too."

I laughed but James was starting to look annoyed.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry. I'll stop pretending to flirt with your friend here and go grab myself a soda."

The word pretending caught both of their attentions I could tell but I was already walking towards the crowd. I was actually focused on trying to find Camera Boy in the among the masses. He didn't seem to be anywhere. I gave up after a few minutes and actually went to get the drink. My mouth was dry from all the trying not to pass out earlier.

I was almost back when I saw the rest of the band heading back towards the stage area. Elle and the blonde guy she was sitting next to earlier were walking with them but Camera Boy was still M.I.A. I watched as Brenna kissed Tyler like his lungs were her only source of oxygen.

I walked up right as he finally had to come up for air. She looked over and noticed me. She seemed to look curious at first and then her features just turned into a bitch face. Brenna turned back around and said louder than necessary, "Hey Babe, the band is heading out, you better come on."

My ears were red. I wasn't sure why I felt embarrassed.  I knew Tyler and Brenna were together but Tyler calling me gorgeous earlier had me doing an automatic comparison now that I was next to the girl that was actually his type.

Brenna was thin and dainty with a dancer's body. She looked like Ariel and I felt like Ursula next to her. She had to be at least four inches shorter than me wearing high heeled boots. I towered over her wearing Converses. I became uncomfortably aware that the neon bra she was wearing wasn't padded. She didn't t look like she really needed a bra anyways. That made me somehow self-conscious about my own chest size. I missed the days when I could get away without wearing anything under my clothes. I unfortunately got breasts from Mother Nature as a 13th birthday present.

My size ten ass looked like She-Hulk's standing next to her. She seemed to be taking me in as well. I noticed her hand wrap possessively around Tyler's waist. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.