Chapter 13

A short ride later I was at the address Elle had given me. A little bell chimed when I rang the bell. My stomach churned when it opened. Tyler looked very perplexed as he stared back.

What was his deal with answering other people's doors?

I smiled politely. "Is Elle home?" I heard Brenna ask who it was in the background. Lord, I hadn't thought about her.

"Yeah she is upstairs and to the left." He stepped aside and let me in. I could almost feel his eyes on my back as I walked up the stairs. I heard Brenna start to complain; asking why I was in her house and Tyler telling her to knock it off. There were two rooms on the left. Tyler hadn't said which one it was on the left. I went ahead and knocked on the first one.

Seconds later, gorgeous blue eyes looked back at me.Ari looked happy but confused to see me. "Looking for Elle's room?"

I felt my cheeks get hot, "Yeah, sorry to disturb you."

He really was nice to look at. I noticed that he did in fact have both ears pierced, my forgotten question from this morning being answered. I felt the odd desire to be near him at the moment. His eyes told me he felt the same.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him, "You're fine. You didn't disturb me." He pulled me into his room and shut the door. It was completely dark in here. I gulped. He flipped on a light near my head. The normal overhead light came on but I was surprised to see the room get illuminated red. He had changed out the bulbs.

"Did I interrupt something?"

"I was just about to develop some film. I have to blackout the windows and stuff to keep light out." He turned on a red light and I saw two sets of clothes lines hanging up waiting to hold film.

"You made your room a dark room? You know it's the twenty-first century right? We have digital cameras."

"Yeah I know. I told you I like old school." His hand was still interlaced with mine. I leaned in and hugged him with my free hand. He hugged me back and we stood in a dancing pose. He lightly swayed with an imaginary beat.

"You smell so good."

"Thanks?" He chuckled and held me tighter. I was happy he couldn't see my face. I had not meant to say that out loud. "Did you have a good day, Gorgeous?"

Gorgeous? Was that supposed to be a pet name? I like it if it was.

"Besides lunch, I had a great day."

I felt him tense up. "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you. Tyler just pissed me off."

I ran my fingers through the bottom of his hair. "It was actually kind of hot watching you stick up for me."

Oh. My. God. Mouth use your filter before you speak, please.

He smiled. "I am glad I did then." He looked away and started biting his lip. I hadn't noticed how full it could look. I felt my throat go dry.

"I'm glad you did too."

I felt his hands slightly tremble as they held my waist tighter. "Alex, you intrigue me, you know that right?"

"Why's that?"

"I can't think straight when you're around. I'm used to being off in my own world and you make me want to explore this one more."

That knocked me off kilter, "I think that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me."

I felt that same tension building between us again. I wanted him to close the gap between our lips. I saw his eyes close and his head move towards mine. I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to meet my own.