Chapter 3: The Ruler of Skies: Charybdis

Rimuru POV

A few days have passed since Phobio left Tempest. During that time, The kingdom of Falmuth sent a scouting party to the Jura Forest in order to investigate the Orc Lord incident, only to find out that I wiped the Orc Lord(or should I say; Orc Disaster). The leader of the scouting party was apparently a man called Youm. The party had planned to ditch the kingdom and live a life filled with freedom, so they decided to stay in Tempest. Alongside them came the envoy and guild master of Blumund, whose name was Fuze, as well as Eren, Kaval, and Gido, the 3 adventures that I had met alongside Shizu-san, the person from whom I got my human form. We then talked about having an alliance with Blumund. However, in order to truly form an alliance, I needed to go to Blumund. Today, I was just chilling in my slime form while sitting on Shion's lap.

???: "Hey there." Velgaia suddenly arrived and addressed me.

Rimuru: "Hey dude. How's it going?"

Velgaia: "Fine. But you know, I want to tell you something." Huh? Want to tell me something? Hmm, I wonder what that is.

Rimuru: "What is it?"

Velgaia: "Well, it's just that you look a lot like my sensei." What? He has a sensei? And what does he mean by me looking a lot like him?

Rimuru: "You have a sensei?"

Velgaia: "Had a sensei. He also used to be Milim's sensei?" Wait, Milim had a sensei?

Rimuru: "What do you mean by 'had'?"

Velgaia: "Well, he died, about 2000 years ago." Died, huh?

Rimuru: "How did he die?"

Velgaia: "..." He suddenly fell silent. It seems that it was a sensitive topic for him and that meant that it must be sensitive for Milim as well. I feel bad about bringing it up.

<<Negative: Since the individual, Velgaia had started this conversation, it's his fault, not Master's.>> Yeah, but still, I was the one who asked the question, so it technically "is" my fault, [Wise One].

<< Understood.>> They replied. Oh, you must be wondering why I'm calling them [Wise One] instead of [Great Sage], right? Well...

(Flashback)

3rd Person POV

After Rimuru devoured the Orc Disaster, many of his resistances and intrinsic skills increased and he also received the unique skill [Starved], which [Great Sage] had combined with [Predator] with the help of [Degenerate] to form the unique skill, [Gluttony]. However, something occurred that neither Rimuru nor [Great Sage] could have expected.

{Notice: Conditions have been met, attempting to evolve unique skill, [Great Sage]}

<<!!!>> [Great Sage] had certainly not expected the VOW to suddenly attempt to evolve them.

{Attempt Successful. Unique skill [Great Sage] has evolved into unique skill [Wise One]} [Great Sage], now [Wise One], was satisfied that they could evolve and help their master better. However, they were confused as to what conditions were met which would cause them to evolve. According to [Great Sage]'s calculations, they were not supposed to evolve even after acquiring a demon lord seed. Thus, [Wise One] deduced that some kind of outside intervention caused them to evolve. The question is, what was the thing that intervened? No matter how much they thought about it, not even a single being could come to mind. However, that wasn't the only surprise for [Wise One].

{Notice: Unique Skill [Eternal Seal], acquired} Now this surprised [Wise One] more than its own evolution. They were now sure that something was intervening as according to their analysis, neither Rimuru nor the Orc Disaster Geld had any seal-related skill. Still, they couldn't figure out exactly what intervened and how it was able to do that.