Chapter 10: Origin Part 2

3rd Person POV

Veldanava: "Your name shall be Rimuru Nava." He declared, causing the slime to be filled with a flurry of magicules as a result of the naming process.

The 4 primordials who were watching the scene were appalled by the fact that their master had given a part of his name to this slime.

The slime's entire body glowed golden. Its power increased a ton, unleashing a powerful aura covering the entire room. This amazed the angels, who couldn't believe that a slime could have this much power.

Feldway: "Veldanava-sama." This earned Veldanava's attention as he looked at the silver-white-haired angel.

Veldanava: "Hm? What is it, Feldway?"

Feldway: "Please forgive me for my insolence, but why did you give a part of your name to this slime?" He asked with a curious tone. Feldway could not understand why would Veldanava give a part of his own name to a slime.

Veldanava: "It's simple. 'Cause I wanted to." He replied casually. Feldway then stepped backward and accepted Veldanava's answer. After all, he was his master. There was no way Feldway could further question Veldanava's motives.

However, another reason behind this was that Veldanava wanted to see if providing Rimuru with more power than a normal name by adding a surname would make the slime have an ego. He then inspected the slime and saw that his Unique skill [Predator] had evolved into the Unique skill [Gluttony]. The skill had the following sub-skills:-

1). Predation

2). Analysis

3). Stomach

4). Mimicry

5). Isolation

6). Rot: Performs Rot on the target, decomposing it if it is organic. Mons corpses partially absorbed in this manner will reward the user with part of the monster's skills.

7). Receive: Gain the ability to obtain skills from monsters under your influence.

8). Provide: Grants part of your abilities to monsters under your influence linked to your soul.

However, he suddenly heard a faint voice in his head.

???: (Where...am...I?) This startled him, as he wondered where this voice came from. After analyzing the slime further, he realized that Rimuru was thinking this and that Veldanava was able to hear his thoughts.

Veldanava: (You are currently in my hands, little one.) He replied to the now confused Rimuru through [Thought Communication].

Rimuru: (...Who are you? Are you the one who gave me life?) Veldanava realized that by "giving life", Rimuru means to ask if Veldanava was the one who gave them their newborn ego.

Veldanava: (Indeed. I am Veldanava and I gave you an ego and intelligence by naming you.) He replied while making his thought sound deep and elegant.

Rimuru: (So, does that mean that you are my master?) This caught Veldanava a bit off guard as he didn't expect it.

Veldanava: (Uh...I guess?)

Rimuru: (Then I pledge my full loyalty to you, Master.)

Veldanava: 'Huh!? I just wanted a good companion, not another simp!' He exclaimed in his thoughts but kept his mouth from saying it out loud. However, instead of rejecting his allegiance, Veldanava decided to accept it.

Veldanava: (Very well. You shall serve me from here on. As a gift for pledging allegiance, I shall grant you any 3 wishes which you have.) He declared to the slime, who felt honored by being granted 3 wishes by his master. Veldanava believed that Rimuru would try to save these wishes for later. However, undenounced to him, Rimuru had other plans.