Chapter 5: The Lord of Darkness: Guy Crimson and The Ice Empress: Velzard

3rd Person POV

Extremely chilly. That's how Velgaia would describe the Ice Continent. While he was not affected due to [Natural Effects Nullification], he would still call it that because no normal, or even a Hazard class individual can survive in this place due to the icy weather. This weather was caused due to the aura that the Ice Empress, or the White Ice Dragon, Velzard constantly let out. This was so no mere weakling would dare to come here. Another powerful being who lived here was the Lord of Darkness, the First True Demon Lord, the Mediator of the world, and the Primordial Rouge, Guy Crimson. Along with them lived Guy's demon army, consisting of more than 500 demons, as well as his two maids, the Primordial Bleu; Rain, and the Primordial Vert; Mizery. As Velgaia entered the palace of Guy Crimson, he observed the large hallway, entirely made of ice, as well as the eerie decorations that were set up on the walls.

Velgaia: 'When it comes to decorations, Guy has a terrible taste.' He disliked the decorations very much. As he continued to walk through the entire kingdom, he saw many of the demon soldiers who were acting as guards of the palace. Each demon was extremely diligent, and not even a single one was slacking around, especially the demons of Mizery's lineage.

Velgaia: 'Mizery is by far the most serious of the primordial demons.' At least, that's what Velgaia believed. He had observed Mizery's actions thoroughly and came to this conclusion. Out of all the demons, those from the white, blue, and green lineage were the most rational. That was his assessment. However, Velgaia wasn't worried about Rain and Mizery, as they were pretty easy to defeat. However, he was actually worried of their master as well as his own sister, Guy and Velzard. Those two can defeat him, albeit with a ton of effort. However, that didn't mean they were invincible. Even the Dark King, Amelia can defeat them, showing just how powerful she truly is.

Velgaia: 'Amelia-san is surely very scary.' They had once fought each other 2000 years ago, which led to Velgaia being trashed by Amelia. Just how powerful was her master? This was a question that Velgaia never truly got to know, even though that master was his sensei. After a while, he finally arrived in front of the main room, where Rain and Mizery were currently standing guard.

Mizery: "What brings you here today, Velgaia-sama?" She asked in an elegant tone, befitting of a maid.

Velgaia: "I wish to speak with Guy and my sister. Please inform them that I have arrived." He replied, immediately getting to the point. He didn't wish to waste any time and Mizery seemed to be fine with it. However...

Rain: "Hey, Velgaia-sama! How's it going?" Unlike Mizery, Rain was not that considerate. If Velgaia had to describe her in any way, he would describe her as lazy and a non-serious demon. Normally, Velgaia would love to talk with Rain in a carefree manner as they always used to talk like that whenever he visited the palace.

Velgaia: "Hey Rain, I'm fine. Can I talk with Guy first? It's an important matter." However, today was a different matter. Velgaia was not in the mood to continue his usual talks with Rain. This was something that not only surprised Rain but also Mizery. Neither of them had expected this, but they didn't pry into the matter, much to Velgaia's relief.

Rain: "U-Understood! As you wish, Velgaia-sama." She stuttered while returning to her maid persona.

Mizery: "I'll tell Guy-sama about your arrival. Please wait here." He nodded after which she entered the main room to ask for Guy's permission to let him in. Although she was doing that, Velgaia believed it was a waste of time, as he already knew he'd be accepted. After a minute of waiting, she finally came back.

Mizery: "He is expecting you." He nodded and then both the maids opened the huge icy door. What Velgaia saw next was an assembled army of demons from the red, blue, and green lineages. After continuing to walk through the main hall, he finally stood in front of the throne where Guy Crimson was currently sitting.