Imagine 6: Staked At The Heart❣️ (Lost Boys)

requested by Tired4rtist

Pairing: Marko x Paul x David x Dwayne

Summary: *Marko survives his stake to the heart, but has serious PTSD. So on Halloween night, something provokes his trauma, and the guys try to comfort him*

*Marko's POV*

"Goodnight, Blood sucker..."
were the words I heard before a stake went straight through my heart.
A pain worse then anything in the world...it felt like I was burning from the inside out as blood spewed from my chest all over my jacket and on the floor.
To be honest, if it wasn't for Dwayne and Paul waking up and rushing to my aid, I'd be dead.
David chased after the Frog Brothers and that Emerson kid, but it ended with him getting his hand burned from sunlight.
Thankfully, no one else was hurt.
I remember we had to flee the cave for weeks, hiding in a spare cave given to us by Max until the heat was off.
Now, after three months, we're coming back home.
If you open my jacket and pull over my shirt, you'll see a brutal scar with a horrible stitch job that barely kept me alive.
My stitches are coming out tonight...which will hurt like hell.
Still though, whereas everyone else is happy to be going home...
I'm not.
David looks at me. "Marko? You okay?"
I glance up at him, not realizing that I've been walking with my hands crossed tightly and protectively across my chest, and barely mumbling a word to anyone.
I nod. "Yep, I'm fine."
"Does it hurt?" Dwayne asks.
I shake my head. "No, nothing I can't handle."
Paul, who stands beside me, reaches over and pats me on the back. "You're a strong one, Marko."
"Not strong enough," I whisper quiet enough for the others not to hear.
I should go after that little shit, Edgar Frog.
I should go kill those shits and show them that actions have consequences.
Yet when I think about doing so, I feel fear flood me and make me want to hide in the dark.
Trauma.
Suddenly, we hear voices clamoring over each other.
Not adult. Children.
Oh...tonight is Halloween.
David glances from the little kids dressed up as all shorts of things.
Demons, angels, zombies, princesses, animals...the list will go on and on.
We walk through the crowd of knee high kids on the streets, and try our best to ignore eye contact, afraid that one might run to there parent and alert them of our presence.
"Happy Halloween," David mumbles, hands in his pockets.
We almost reach the end, until suddenly, a little kid runs up behind me with a...
My eyes widen.
Stake.
Wooden stake.
He's totally harmless, but still, seeing the stake in his hands as he runs around me with it makes the memory flash before my eyes.
"Goodnight Blood sucker!"
I start to hyperventilate, which alert the guys.
"Marko? Yo, are you okay? Marko!"
I turn on my heels and run for the forest, ignoring the shouts of my brothers.
I need to find a place to be alone. To be safe...

*little while later*
*Paul's POV*

"Marko?!" I push some bushes aside, searching for our runaway brother. "Marko!"
"Where did he go?!" David exclaims, furious but mostly nervous. "did you see why he freaked out?"
"A little kid was carrying a wooden stake around," Dwayne exhales softly. "It must have provoked Marko's PTSD."
"But where did he run off too?" I go behind a tree, yelling his name.
Until suddenly, I see a colorful jacket hanging upside on a tree above me.
Marko.
I don't tell my brothers, because there arguing with each other.
So slowly, I approach Marko, looking up to see his face.
"Hey, are you okay?"
He gasps awake a little, before his eyes see me.
Instantly, he throws his hands over his face and starts to cry softly.
I reach up and touch his shoulder. "Its okay, you're safe."
"I shouldn't be like this!" he shouts, "scared of a little five year old carrying a wooden toy! I'm a fucking vampire!" he growls, "and yet those little Frog bastards did this to me!" he opens his jacket and shirt to reveal his scar.
My eyes widen.
Marko exhales deeply. "I'm scared, Paul. I'm scared to encounter them again, to possibly die..."
I float up and hang upside down so that were face to face.
"You don't need to be scared. Because we're here to protect you."
"Your our brother," David—who suddenly appeared out of nowhere with Dwayne—says, smiling softly.
Marko glances at all of us, before sighing. "I think this trauma will always be deep inside of me..." he whispers.
I sigh. I wish we could take it back. Go back in time and made sure that they wouldn't hurt him...
But maybe...
"you want revenge?" I ask.
He shakes his head. "No, let's just go home..." he exhales, going to the ground and walking forward.
I, along with David and Dwayne, follow him.
"We got your back, always little brother," Dwayne messes with his hair.
"You're the strongest one out of all of us," David throws his arm across his shoulders.
I smile. "You're my favorite, too," I say, before he chuckles softly when David glares at me.
"Thanks guys," he smiles, the first real smile I've seen in three months. "That means a lot."
"We're always here for you," I smile, "don't forget that."

Thanks for reading!!