Imagine 10: Little Note😺 (Alan)

Pairing: Y/N x Alan

Summary: *Y/N works shifts at the comic shop, and one night, she's surprised when a cat comes up with a little hand written note attached to its collar..*

requested by Izzyautumn13

*Y/N's POV*

I exhale a breath, tired from re stocking shelves with comics.
I grab my coat off the hanger, and put it on. "Guys! My shift is over!" I walk towards the exit, before a shadowy figure appears behind me.
"Do you need a ride home?"
I look to see Alan, arms crossed over his chest.
My heart flutters slightly when I see him. "No thanks, my mom came to pick me up."
Alan nods, without saying anything else.
Suddenly, an orange cat walks up, purring as he rubs his body against my leg.
"Aw, hey Creamy." I bend down to rub his back, "came to see me off?"
He purrs, and I giggle.
"He'll miss you," Alan whispers, and I smile sadly.
Tomorrow night is my last night here, before my summer job is over and I have to go back to school.
Its a bummer, honestly. I've loved spending time with Edgar and Alan. Alan, mostly.
Deep down, the reason why I got this job was because I have a crush on him.
But...by now, its pretty obvious he doesn't like me back.
"I'll miss him too," I stand back up, only to see Alan is closer then he was a moment ago.
Heat floods my chest.
For a moment, we just stand there, not knowing what to do or say, before a horn honking brings me back to reality.
"I have to go," I say, heading for the exit. "See you tomorrow Alan."
"Bye," he waves, and soon, I'm out the door and in the car, driving away.

***
*Alan's POV*

I sigh, sitting down on the chair behind the counter, only to have my cat Creamy jump up and take a seat as well.
Shit, Y/N's last shift is tomorrow.
I can't believe just how fast happened.
It seems only like a few days ago, when she nervously stepped inside, asking about the Help Wanted sign.
I remember the first moment I saw her, saw her nervous smile and nervous giggle...
Instantly, I liked her.
She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and-
"you're seriously just gonna let her go like that, huh?" Edgar comes out of nowhere, making me nearly jump out of my skin.
"Don't talk about this with me," I sigh.
Edgar sits. "Its obvious you like her, so why not tell her?"
"I don't know if she likes me back," I say.
Edgar rolls his eyes. "Look, before her shift ends tomorrow, do something nice. Take her somewhere, talk to her, set the mood," he pushes me on my shoulder. "Do it, or else I'm gonna smack you."
I chuckle softly. "I...don't know what she likes," I admit, before Edgar picks up the cat Creamy.
"She loves our cat," he says, "maybe do something related to him?"
I purse my lips, before an idea hits me.
"Edgar, can you help me get a spot on the beach decorated?"
He smirks. "Its gonna cost you," he laughs as I nudge him.

*the next night*
*Y/N's POV*

I tuck some hair back in the braid I've tied, before lifting a heavy box and carrying it to the counter.
Sam Emerson leans against it, watching me through reading his DC comic. "Where's the Frog brothers?"
I shrug. "I've no idea," I set the box down, wiping at my brow. "They were supposed to be here."
"Mhm," he says, not really listening before pulling out a five dollar bill. "I'll take this."
I get his change ready. "$2.48 cents is your change," I hand it to him, and he nods. "Thanks Y/N," he turns to leave, and once he's gone, I sigh, letting my shoulders slouch forward.
Its weird that there gone, what could they be doing?
I hear a clinging of a bell, making me look down to see the cat Creamy run up with a rose head attached to his collar, and a note?
I bend down, and take the note.

I have something I want to show you.
Follow me outside.
-Creamy.

"wha..." I trail off, before I see the cat run back outside.
I stand up and follow him.
Wait a minute...that note...that was Alan's hand-writing.
But what could he-
I follow Creamy for a moment, before stopping and gasping to see what's in front of me.
A beach spot, with a blanket rolled out as the moon sparkles on the ocean.
Candles on the rocks behind the blanket, and what looks like...flowers?!
My eyes widen right when Alan steps out, smiling.
"What...is this?" I ask, barely able to speak.
Alan approaches me. "I'm just as confused as you," he chuckles, "it was Creamy's idea."
"Alan," I say, knowing damn well a CAT did not do all this.
He smiles. "But since were here," he nods towards the blanket, "shall we sit?"
My heart is pounding out of my chest as I sit beside him. What is he doing? WHY is he doing this?!
He looks at me from the corner of his eye, smiling softly. "I wanted to do something, before you left..." he looks at the ocean, "I have something for you, as well."
I almost ask what he means, before he pulls out a small ring with a red stone.
My eyes widen.
He takes my hand, slips it on my finger, before kissing my knuckles.
"Y/N, I really like you," he says, "I've liked you since the moment we met. Would you-"
before he can finish, I kiss him, deeply.
He reaches up and cups my face, kissing me back.
I would dream of this moment, the moment of my first kiss...
I'm so glad it was with Alan.
When we pull away for air, I smile so widely.
"Yes," I whisper, and his eyes widen.
"You don't even know what I was going to ask," he says, before I giggle and kiss him again.
"You were going to ask me to be your girlfriend," I blush, showing him the ring he just put on my finger. "So to answer your question, yes, I'll be your girlfriend."
He smiles widely, before we kiss again, not knowing that Creamy the cat sits on the rock and watches us.

Thanks for reading!!!!