Imagine 24: Mate🏵 (Paul)

requested by lphalen

Enjoy!

Pairing: Lilly x Paul

Summary: *Paul goes to the boardwalk, only to find a beautiful girl named Lilly getting harassed by Surf Nazis. In the end, he discovers that Lilly is his Mate*

*Paul's POV*

Marko laughs beside me. "Hey Paul! Paul! Watch this!" He does a cartwheel, following a front flip before he stumbles and falls on his rear end.
I laugh. "Dude that was awesome! Do it again!"
"Screw you," Marko gets up, fixing his jacket.
I laugh my butt off, before I throw my arm across his shoulder and walk down the boardwalk trail with him.
Its nice that it's just us tonight. David and Dwayne had to leave on some urgent business when it comes to Max.
So for these past few nights, it's just me and Marko.
We walk side by side for a little while, until Marko splits to go get some food.
I stand in the middle of the pathway, whistling with my hands in my pockets, before something catches my eye.
A girl, with GORGEOUS hair and GORGEOUS legs walks just ahead of me, swaying side to side in her outfit of a black jeans and a leather jacket.
I can't stop staring.
Her eyes are sparkling in the boardwalk light, her smile is contagious, and her red lips singing beautiful words.
My heart is pounding.
Suddenly, Greg—Surf Nazis—along with two other Surf Nazis's run up to her.
"Hey cupcake, where have you been all my life?"
She ignores them.
Greg runs up to stand in front of her. "What's the rush beautiful?!"
He laughs, along with the other two guys.
"Leave me alone," she says, but they snicker.
"Aww come on, don't you wanna have some fun?" He reaches out and grabs her arm, which she flings away.
"Go away!"
Alert pulses through my veins.
"Ooh! she's fiery, I wonder if she's like that in bed too!"
He smacks her rear end, and I run up, pushing him away from her.
"Back off!" I shout, standing in between the girl and three Surf Nazis.
Greg smirks. "Chill out bro, just having some fun with the lady."
"Go, now," I growl.
He laughs. "Yeah, like I'm scared of you."
I snap.
I punch him in the face, and he falls to the ground.
The girl behind me gasps, and immediately I grab her hand and run down the boardwalk, before we run into a little corner to hide.
I bring a finger to my lips to tell her to stay quiet, and furious Surf Nazis walk past us, unable to find us.
Soon, there gone, and we can breathe.
She exhales, looking up at me. "Thank you," she says, "I didn't think they'd ever leave."
Suddenly, it hits me.
When her eyes looked into mine...I felt it.
That feeling in my chest, that snap into place.
Mating Bond.
This girl is my Mate...
I'm barely able to speak, which confuses her.
"...what's your name?" I ask, a little top quickly.
"Lilly," she says, "and what's your name?"
"Paul," I say, and she smiles.
"Paul, I like that," she grins, before she starts to step out onto the boardwalk path. "I should go-"
"Wait," I say, before clearing my throat, "do you...do you maybe wanna get some food or something? Maybe hang out?"
Her eyes widen, but she smiles and nods.
"Sure," she says.
I smile as well, before her and I walk out towards the food court.
Meanwhile, Marko stands in the middle of the boardwalk holding two plates of food, confused.
"Uh...Paul?" his eyes scan the area, looking for me.
"Where'd you go?"

thanks for reading!!