Imagine 28: Her Knight🖤 (Dwayne)

pairing: Mother! Y/N x Dwayne

*summary: Y/N is a mother to a three year old daughter, who is desperately trying to run away from a toxic and abusive relationship. During her run, she bumps into Dwayne and pleads him to help her, which he does.*

Requested by Ancis93

*Y/N's POV*

My breathing is heaving, my arms tired and aching from carrying my toddler daughter through the crowds of the Santa Carla boardwalk, trying desperately to find some sort of help or aid in my terrible and current situation.

My daughter, Paris, begins to whimper as she's feeling scared, and I try to soothe her to quiet down and that everything is alright.
Tonight was supposed to be for her, but of course, my boyfriend and the father to her had to ruin everything, as he always does. 

When we pulled into the parking lot and were ready to get out, he claimed I was eyeballing someone across the parking lot, which was ridiculous because it's dark and you can barely see anyone out here. Though...the argument ended as they usually do...

He hit me across the face, squeezed my arms tight enough to cut my skin with his fingernails and leave behind bruising.
And desperately, I managed to kick him in the shin, grab Paris, and run out of there and into the boardwalk to try and hide from him. Though no such luck is occurring, and fear keeps pumping into my veins, forcing me to keep running as if I'm running from a predator. 

As I run, my eyes scanning the crowds of obilvious people who surround me, I notice a tall, tan complexion, dark eyes and black long hair male standing with his arms crossed near what I assume is his bike, clearly waiting for something or someone. 

I don't what takes over me, but I run to him. "Hey!"
His gaze snaps up from the ground to look at me, his eyes softly widening when he notices the bruises and cuts on my arms, and the fact that I appear scared while clutching my quietly crying daughter. "P-please, help me," I whisper through heaving breaths, squeezing Paris tighter. "I--I need somewhere to hide from my boyfriend and--"

"Slow down, slow down," this man takes a step closer towards me, both hands extending to gently touch my shoulders. The first gentle touch I've had from someone in a long time.
"Where is your boyfriend? Do you have anywhere to go?"

I begin to shake my head, my lips parting to speak, before the voice of my boyfriend speaks angrily behind me. "Y/N!" he shouts, suddenly approaching me in complete fury and rage.
I quickly hide behind the stranger, his whole frame able to shield me and my daughter as I peak around his arm. "Stay away from me," I say to my boyfriend whose coming closer. 

"Y/N stop being such a weirdo," he tries to play it cool, noticing how the stranger is beginning to look a bit angry, and noticing that the fact that this stranger is a pretty big guy who could...easily squash him like a bug.
"Look, I didn't mean to fight, I'm sorry. Let's not ruin the night for Paris, okay? Let's take her on some rides like we said we would. I promise I'll--"

"I suggest you leave. Right now," this man hisses, his eyes holding a dangerous predatory stare to show that he isn't the type to back down from anything or anyone.
My boyfriend gulps. "Look dude, this isn't any of your business, so just step aside and--"

"Leave," the stranger takes a step forward into my boyfriend's personal space, before I begin to notice how three different blonde hair guys suddenly appear and stand next to the stranger.
By now, instead of one male standing up to my boyfriend, three more have stood beside him, causing my boyfriend to shudder and shake, realizing he'd not be able to take all four of them on, before raising his hands. "Alright, alright, I'll go," he continues to step back, before fully running away from them and me...

A sigh of relief leaves me, and I kiss my daughter's forehead, brushing her hair aside.
The black-haired stranger approaches me again, a soft smile on his face. "Thank you," I whisper to him, genuinely meaning it. "I...I really didn't know what else to do and--"

"No thanks needed," he smiles, "I'm Dwayne by the way," he flicks a thumb towards the other three behind him. "These are my friends, David, Marko, and Paul."

"Hi," I wave softly, as the other three wave back.
Dwayne looks back at me. "You said you didn't have a place to go?" he asks in a concerned tone, and I nod, the dread of actually realizing that without my boyfriend, I have no house to stay. And I can't possibly live on the streets with my daughter, Paris. It would be horrible, and people would think I'm an unsuitable mother to her if it ends that way.

Dwayne sees the despair on my face, and he speaks once more. "Hey, why don't you stay with us for a while? Our place is pretty big, plus secure. So your boyfriend won't be able to mess with you."

My eyes widen. "You...really mean it?" I ask, surprised that this stranger I just is so willing to help me further by offering me a place to stay with him.
He smiles softly, raising his fingers to gently touch Paris's shoulder. "I mean it. You're a mom after all, you need a place to stay and people to protect you. And I'm willing to do that for you," he says.

My heart pounds, before I nod softly. "I  mean, only if it isn't a burden," I mumble.
Dwayne chuckles. "It's no burden," he pushes me forward gently. "Come on, I'll show you the place and we'll get you nice and settled in."

I pass a secret glance up at him, my heart pounding against my chest.
Something tells me...that everything is going to be different from here on out.

***

A year has passed since that night I met Dwayne and his friends, Marko, Paul, and David.
And...during the year of staying with him, it's been quite a ride. I slowly found myself falling in love with him, and he in return fell for me. He became a wonderful step-father to Paris, and Paris loved him to the fullest, and he loved her.

I found out that all four of them were vampires, which scared me a little, but Dwayne kept assuring me that no harm would ever come to me or my daughter. It took about three weeks to fully trust him, and when I did, everything became brighter.

He became my boyfriend, and a dad to my daughter.

"Y/N, I'm back!" Dwayne comes stepping down the cave, and Paris leaps up from playing on the floor to run to him.
"Hey there's my girl!" He scoops her up, playfully tickling her stomach and kissing her cheek as she laughs in joy.
My heart melts at this touching moment, as I stand up and approach him. "Hi."

"I missed you," he kisses me softly, one arm wrapping around my waist while the other supports Paris.
"Missed you too," I smile back, before touching Paris's back, as we all get in the position for a family hug. 

They always say that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met, and for some cases, that is true, and also false.
Sometimes a stranger is a monster you haven't met--like my ex boyfriend

And sometimes...a stranger is just a lover and friend you haven't met...like Dwayne. 
My knight in a leather jacket, and the best thing I could ever have for a boyfriend and father to my baby girl. 
I've never been more excited to see what else the future has in store for us...