Chapter 18: Its good (Conversations about vests 2016)

Yelena's point of view

21 years and I think we've made them all up in this one day.

The fights, tears, stories, smiles, family all the things I dreamed would be my whole life at 6 and I thought I might find it boring but when all that gets stripped from under you, non of it seems boring anymore.

As much as I tried to hate her to resent her I never stopped caring about Natasha and I know at the end of the day she'll be the one who will stand by beside from a argument with mama and dad, to alone on the battlefield.

I hope that life finds a away to keep us together for as long as possible but I know that Natasha will do anything for everyone else to be happy and would peacefully leave me behind if it meant I would be safe.

I stare at Natasha fidgeting in her seat trying to find a spot of comfort for her bruises and it's starting to annoy me maybe as much as it's annoying her.

"Hey Nat how about we go get some ice" I tell her and her eyes dart to me and starts to rise from her seat "yeah that sounds good" she replies making her way across the isle as I hold her pinkie as a form as support. 'Come on Nat' I tell her in my head and I know shes say the same thing to me in hers. We reach about 2 metres away from the door when.

"Agent Romanoff" I stiff, gruff yet gentle voice says from behind us. Great. Natasha stiffens and turns around "Fury" she says "Eye patch" I say and they both shoot me a look, Fury's is annoyance while Natasha is amused almost like giving me a highfive with her eyes.

"I'm going- would like to speak with you" He corrects himself and then looks at me "Alone" he looks at Nats grip on my finger and she almost lets go straight away, as his eyes find it but I know she doesnt want to.

I look at Natasha and she nods before sqeezes my arm so I take a step away, but not before giving Fury a death glare. I watch Natasha leed Fury to a bit behind the seats on the ground level and she look up at me and mouths 'Ничего страшного' and I nod back at her. (Its ok)

Furys point of view:

"What do you want Nick" Romanoff asks looking up from her arms that are crossed across her chest her face blank with a hint of sarcasm playing around.

"You said we could talk about his later Romanoff"  I state and she tosses on her feet slightly "Right yeah" she replies staring at me blankly.

She holds the expression and position of when we talked alone at the base after she found out that I wasnt really dead.

I sit down on a bench expecting her to sit down to, but she stays standing, just glaring down at me "Is this all about 2014" I ask and she scoffs and I feel my blood start to boil. God Romanoff.

"It happened, I was mad but I got over it" she states and I know it still lingers in the back of her brain.

We stand or sit in silence for a while and it's the awkward kind. "Look Nick" she starts tighting the grip on her arms.

She tries to be open to you know be herself with me you can tell by the movements, the fact that she holds expressions.

"I get why your upset about me not telling you about Cuba, Ohio, Alexi being a super solider and about James" She says and I just sit there "and I'm- I'm- I'm so- sor- sorry alright I'm sorry" She apologises, I think she just wants this conversation to be over.

"So you understand why I'm 'upset'" I state and she shakes her head "so your not upset" she states sarcastically.

"I'm disappointed-" I start and she scoffs and roll her head back cracking her neck, good god.