Chapter 20: Ill timed (before the party 2010)

Yelena's point of view

"Ice cream" I hear from my left only to turn and see thats its Natasha holding a bowl of ice cream out to me. She looks happy I guess she and Melina didnt rip each others heads off.

"Yes please" I say taking the bowl out of her hands eagerly she chuckles at my excitement.

I gather a spoonful of ice-cream and get it about half way to my mouth when I notice Natasha's hair. And yes it's just hair you know some people have it and people style it differently but it's in braids not one but 2. Like when we were little.

Like Natasha wore on missions, when she was hurt or to train.

Like the one that would hit you in the face during fights, to pull people down to push down on there backs and pull them to snap your classmates backs.

Like the ones Melina would do in my hair and Natasha would undo the minute she saw them and turning them into princess braids and never told me why.

I drop the spoon in the bowl and it makes a loud clang and everyone goes silent. Дерьмо.

Natasha looks at me a little confused "-" I almost muster.

"Does my hair look pretty Auntie Nat" A voice sounds from the screen of a clip playing on the screens it Lila while Nat braids her hair.

"Very pretty Li" She says gathering bits of hair that run now down to the bottom of her head. Lila smiles "You know braids are very special they have a lot of meanings" She tells little Lila whose face fills with curiosity.

"Like what" She asks and Natasha thinks for second before looking at Lila again "Well the symbolise pride and honor of where you come from or who you are, Well if you were a girl and had long braid it mean you were looking for a lover and two braids tied around your head meant you were married, where I come from" Natasha tells her braiding her hair.

Lila laughs at the way Nat says lover and married.

"Are you proud of where you come from, Auntie Nat and where are you from" Lila asks innocently and Natasha considers her answer "I'm from Russia and I'm proud of that" She mumbles.

Lila smiles "So am I getting married" She giggles.

"No, but when or if you do invite me today we're doing princess braids" She tells the little girl.

"I'm going to look like, what's her name... Yelena!" She say excitedly. Natasha smiles sadly and kisses Lila's head "Лена" she whispers.

The visions appears infront of us not from the screen but I believe its projected by Wanda asit has a hint of red.

I turn to Nat and her face frames with concern, worry and a little bit of embarrassment.

I smile and my anxiety calms down "You look very pretty Nat" I simply tell her and she blushes a little bit but the concern doesn't go away.

"You ok?" She asks and I consider my answer "cosí cosí" I answer and she stares into space for a minute before grabbing a hair tie and twisting the braids together and doing it up to make a bun. She nods "I'll take them out in a little while." She comforts and holds me tight. (So so)

A few minutes later...

"Ok we're moving on to the next clip which takes place in 2010, with Tony and Natasha. Pepper you might not like this one" 764a states and Natasha slams her face in her hand.

I look down to see Pepper glaring at Tony and Natasha on repeat. "I'm sorry Pep" Natasha tries to reason "I was playing a part" Pepper glares at Tony a little longer and he looks as if he might run away.