Chapter 29: Is anything real about you (2010)

Not well edited.

Natasha's point of view:

"Now do you believe in rock n roll, Can music save your mortal soul and can you teach me how to dance real slow,.." I whispered in the dark to the beat of Yelena and my foot steps and her giggles as I spun her around, we slowed danced and she smiled at me as I picked her up and spun her in sky, we waltzed steadily as we tiptoed around her room, I didn't know what the time was neither of us cared, I was going back the next day.

"And I know that your in love with him 'cause I saw you dancin' in the gym, you both kicked off your shoes, man I dig those rhythm and blues, I was a lonely teenage bronching buck, with a pink carnation and pick up truck, but I knew that I was out of luck the day the music died" I sang and Yelena kept smile her face excited for the chorus, her hair flew through the air as she spun I got down on my knee's so we were at the same level. I placed a plassic tiara on her head.

"I started singing.... Bye-bye, Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry. Them good old boy were drinking whiskey and rye, singing this'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die" She jointed in and at the ends she hugged me her head in my neck, I let a tear fall, I didn't want to leave her, knowing we'd both leave one day, what if I didn't come back, I want to go first, but that wouldn't be fair on Yelena. But what broke my heart was she would never look at me the way I look at her one day she'd realise that she'd be better off without me but for the second I just hung on and blinked them alway.

Yelena let go and her face was red "Don't go" She whispered and I just put my hand on her face "It's only a few weeks Baby, I'll be back before you know it, And don't cry I'm here now" I told her letting go, She pulled a little smile and I looked at her sparkling purple dress and her curly hair and spun her around one more time and she yawned.

"Oh my, princess must be sleeping, we must tire to the sleeping chambers" I whisper and she laughed her eyes tired and the star lights around, her room made her shine more.

She pulled a sad face and stomped her little foot "No, I want to be with you" She cried and I huffed tying my hair up into a high ponytail (I hadn't cut or dyed it yet) and gave her a sad smile "Will you stay, please stay" She asked she meant more then just for the night, I nodded even though Melina and Alexi would kill me.

She folded her arms around my neck and hung onto me like a koala, her head in the warmth of my neck her little breaths surprisingly calmed, what if one day they went away.

I carried her to the bed and lay down onto of the covers and the doona, she didnt let go but for a moment she looked at me and put an arm out she pulled the tiara off her head "night princess Natty" She cooed put the crown on my head and I looked suprised fo a moment before kissing her cheek "Thanks baby, good night" I said and she smiked before drifting off.

And lying with my sister for one night almost made up for the one I indured the next few weeks, with Ivan, with the other killers, with the cuffs arounf my wrist and the scars Id be left with.

But I would never be like that again.

As it was destined from the first time I met her eyes I'd find a away to fuck it up maybe even for good.

I flashback to the present to be fiddling with the hair of a little girl but its not Yelena, insteadits Lila whose starting to emerge from Clint "Dont leave us like that again, please Dad" Lila asked a sadtone in her voice and she looks into his eyes, that have a hint of shame in them but Lila wouldnt be able to see that, Clint nods and she then whispers something in his ear and I try not to listen.