•Chapter VIII (3)•

VIII. Amulet

"You may now be dismissed. Let John follow you with every step in the palace." My father said.

I started punching the ground. At least those are one of the common things me and Alexander share... Am I right?

"Alexander will have a funeral. I will talk to the prime minister later. Get up, Arabella. I have great news for you."

I looked up at him with confusion. My eyes are red from all the crying.

"In two days, you will be immediately married to someone new."

Caesar smiled in advance, thinking it was him.

"Father! I do not want to!" I refuse to be married that is not Bane.

"It is in the law. We must follow the law." My father reminded me.

"Then who must I marry?" I cannot break the law. That is one thing my mother taught me.

"Julian. He was next in the list whenever things go wrong. Bane was supposed to be your suitor. But things happen, so it will be Julian."

I guess Julian could work. But I still... Still love Bane. And nothing could change that.

As Bane was about to leave, my father was in his room as I talk with him.

"Father, please."

"No. You will not talk to him for the last time!"

"But what if Bane really did not kill Alexander."

This made father paused a bit.

"Fine... But do not take long. I still want children alive."

"Thank you, father!" I said as I hugged him tightly. I never hugged him for that long.

-

"Be happy you are marrying Arabella." Josephine said to Julian.

"Yet... I am not the one she loves, am I?"

"I do not like forcing my friend who ever she likes. At least a fake relationship can do. This is just her father's deed." Josephine said to cheer him up.

"Who cares?!" He said as he stood up from his bed in his room.

"Hey, I am older than you, do not give me that attitude." Josephine warned.

"You are just older than me by fourteen seconds. So stop feeling like you are older."

"But I am."

"J-just stop. I am not in a great mood. Why is love so complicated?" He said as he sat back down.

-

With Bane standing in front of the gate, I approached him as I shout his name.

"Bane!" I shouted...

He turned around with not a joyful face but a furious one.

"Bane... You did not deserve this... I know you did not kill him..."

"How could you be so sure? You were not even there."

"That may be true. But you are too kind to do stuff like that."

"Good thing you believe me."

Bane is the only perosn I trust right now.

"I want to give you something." He added.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

He took something out of his pocket... And no, it is not a ring. It was a necklace.

"Is this what I think it is? The... The royal family heirloom of Vronti?"

"I want you to have it. It is not just a normal royal heirloom. It is an amulet to protect you from getting physically hurt."

"I cannot have this."

"But I want you to. Wear it at all times. This is the only thing that will make you remember me."

Isn't he so sweet?

"I guess..."

"I got to go know."

"Wait." I said to him.

"Why... What is it?"

I did not answer his question but...

"I think this will answer your question."

I came closer... And pressed my lips against his. My father, watching from above can see us. He is not showing signs of anger. In fact, he let us be.

"I love you." Bane said.

"I love you more."

He turned around and left...
I will and will miss him.

Now... The carriage left... He left...