✯ debt and defiance ✯

At the club's entrance:

As Suga and Jungkook stepped further into the club, Suga's phone buzzed urgently, and he fished it out of his pocket. The caller ID displayed a number they both knew too well—It was a contact from the underground circles they were entangled with.

He moved away from the thumping music, seeking a quieter spot near the club's entrance. Suga's face turned serious as he answered the call.
A menacing voice sneered through the phone,
"You've been avoiding us, Min Yoongi."

"What do you want?" Answered suga, His voice oozed menace,
"You know exactly what we want, Yoongi. We've been patient, but time's running out."

Suga's grip tightened on his phone. "I told you, we'll pay the debt soon"

"Yoongi, you're running out of time," the voice pressed, a threatening undercurrent palpable in the words.

"Send Jungkook to us for the fight. He's the only one who can settle this debt."Suga's grip on the phone tightened, a mix of anger and fear rushing through him. "

"I already told you, he'll not fight for you. Find another way to settle this, or we'll figure something else out."

"You owe us, both of you," the voice spat back, icy and uncompromising. "We've been patient, but our patience is wearing thin ,Debts have consequences. You were in this too. Jungkook's skills in the ring were our ticket to fortune. He can't escape it that easily."

Suga's voice grew resolute, frustration simmering beneath the surface.
"We'll find another way to settle this debt, but I'm not going to use Jungkook again."

The voice on the other end turned menacing,
"You're playing a dangerous game, Suga. We might have to remind you of just how dangerous we can be."

The call ended, leaving Suga conflicted torn between the shadows of jungkook's past and the desperate need to protect him from being pulled back into a world he desperately wanted to escape. He sighed heavily withdrawing a battered pack of cigarettes from the inner pocket of his jacket. Fingers accustomed to this motion moved with a practiced grace, retrieving the thin white stick of momentary solace. The pack bore the signs of wear, a reflection of its frequent use.

Suga's hands trembled slightly as he brought the cigarette to his lips, trying to find solace in the familiarity of the ritual. The smoke curled around him, a temporary shield against the storm of emotions raging within. Each drag was a momentary escape, a brief respite from the burden he carried.

He glanced at the phone, contemplating the choices they were left with. The thumping bass from the club seeped into his thoughts, a sharp contrast to the weight of the call. He let out a long exhale, attempting to release the tension that coiled within. There had to be another way—a way to settle their debts without endangering jungkook.He crushed the cigarette butt under his heel, steeling himself to face the storm that lay ahead and made his way inside the club.

Inside the club:

Jungkook turned towards Jimin, his expression guarded but with a hint of consideration.
"Jimin, do you drink?"Jimin's cheeks tinged pink, and he nervously played with his fingers.
"Uh..not really. I'm not.. used to it."

Jungkook's lips quirked up slightly noticing Jimin's shyness.
"That's alright. Sweet non-alcoholic drinks suit your taste, I presume?"

Jimin nodded, trying to hide his blush. "Yes, they do."
Jungkook's gaze remained distant but soft, understanding Jimin's reserved nature.
"A sweet mocktail then"
Jimin nodded with a smile"okay"

As Jungkook turned to the bartender to order a drink for Jimin, a burst of energy invaded the air. Taehyung, filled with boundless excitement, dashed towards the bar, calling out Jimin's name with exuberance "jiminie! Come on let's Dance with me"

Taehyung cheered, reaching out to gently tug Jimin towards the dance area, oblivious to Jungkook's presence.

Jimin strained his voice, calling out for Taehyung amidst the lively clamor of the club. "Tae... Tae..."

his voice almost drowned by the pulsating music around them. He wanted to convey that he wasn't alone and that Jungkook was with him.

However, Taehyung, caught up in the vibrant atmosphere, was oblivious to Jimin's attempt to communicate and excitedly pulled him towards the dance floor.

When Taehyung pulled Jimin along, jimin and jungkook's eyes met for a fleeting moment. Jimin's gaze held a mix of regret and apology, while Jungkook's eyes, though unreadable, conveyed an unspoken understanding.

In that brief connection, an unspoken conversation passed between them, laden with the weight of the circumstances.

Jungkook's expression remained stoic, but there was a flicker of something deeper in his eyes—something that acknowledged the unspoken turmoil within Jimin. His eyes never left jimin until the crowd swallowed him into its vivacious embrace.

To be continued....

Thanks for reading and Don't forgot to vote🥰