When I first laid eyes on you

You were working late in the cafe, you and a cook were the only ones left and you were about to close up shop before a man around 6'9" walked in he looked like he was in his late 20s or early 30s. He sat down waiting for a waiter or a waitress.

"Oh hello, my name is Y/N is there anything I can get you?" you said with a big smile.

"Hi, yeah I'll just get a coffee to go. No sugar or cream" he replied. "Coffee?" He just glares at you before you quickly shut up.

"Ok! Coffee! Coming right up!" you say to him as you start the machine.

'how strange' you thought to yourself 'coffee at this time of night?'

You return with the coffee "here you go, that'll be 3 dollars!"

He hands you the money and leaves.

"What a weird guy" you said to yourself. You see he handed you 25 dollars.

"a 22 dollar tip?" this was the biggest tip you have ever received.

Eventually you lock up and go home. Quickly forgetting about the man and his order.

Falling as soon as you get home. Exhausted from the future.

The next day he came at the same time and ordered the same thing and he kept on leaving the same tips, he's done this for a week everyday over and over again.

"Are you ok?" you asked handing him his coffee.

He was a bit surprised by the question "yeah why?"

"Why are you drinking coffee at night? This late at night."

"Because I like it."

"Is that all?"

"Yeah."

"...Ok." As he gets up to leave you stopped him. "Oh, wait!" You hand him a bag that has cookies in them.

"we were going to throw them away anyway, I wouldn't want to waste them."

"Oh, thanks"

"Come again! Bye!" and he did, and over the course of a few weeks you started talking more and more yet it still feels like you don't know anything about him at all.

He is very mysterious but in his defense you never really asked any personal questions.

One day you missed work, "Welcome back! How are you feeling?" Your co-worker Cathy asked as you come to the dressing room.

"Better much better." You put on your apron as Cathy styles her short blonde hair with some pins."Guess who asked about you."

"Who?"

"Mr. Tall, dark, and handsome"

"Oh, Miguel?" You reply nonchalantly as you touch up your makeup.

"You guys are on a first name basis?" You shrug "Yeah I guess"

"I think he might like you"

"Why do you say that?"

"He didn't leave as generous as a tip as he did when you were here. He also asked about you."

"We're just friends, don't make it weird."

"Ok, ok. I'm just saying" You guys hear a knock on the locker room door "Ladies, I pay you to serve not to talk" your boss said.

"We'll be out." Cathy replies, "you should probably let him know you have a boyfriend, don't lead him on" she said to you

"Yeah, yeah whatever."