Purple Rain PT. II

18+

TW: descriptions of flesh and burning

☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣 ☠︎︎ 𐕣

You hide under one of the chairs and cover your ears as the screeches get louder and closer, acid dripping down to the lobby burning into the tiles.

The smell is awful but the sounds of the sizzling and the screaming are worse.

You feel the door open and you look out hoping it was Miguel. Instead you see a melting man.

His skin is drooping and you can see bits of his bones peaking from underneath his skin.

His skin looks burnt and is slowly peeling off, you can see the red flesh palpitating under whatever is left from his skin.

He stumbles in whining and whaling "elp ee" you hide under the chair as you watch his jaw fall off.

He screams loudly as he watches his jaw hit the floor he screams while looking up, a drip of acid to hit his eye.

He grabs his eye and stumbles back as he screams louder he hits the wall and the paintings hit his head causing it to break off and roll towards you.

You scream and kick it away and tremble under the chair he's just bones now you cover your mouth trying not to hurl as the smell fills the room.

You see his organs fall down and hit the ground, you don't know whether to cover your mouth and nose or ears.

After what seems like forever Miguel runs into your apartment building and yells out for you. "Y/n?!"

"Miguel?! Is it safe to come out now?!"

"Yeah, yes. Yes, it is." You come out from under the chair and immediately cover your nose, somehow the smell got worse.

He goes up to you and hugs you which you don't return, all you could do was stare at the bones and organs on the ground.

He lets go of you and looks at what you're looking at. He shakes his head and sighs.

"Unfortunate. We'll take care of it, don't worry." He strokes your chin as you continue to hold your breath.

"We?"

"Oui, me and my team."

"Team?"

"Let's just see the damage in your apartment." He takes your hand and leads you up.

You see your whole place a complete mess. "Two apartments in a month. Great!"

Your sheets were burnt so was your floors, everything was burnt except for a few things in your drawers and under your dresser.

"At least my makeup is fine..." you immediately get a call and you answer. "Hello?"

"Y/N WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE ARE YOU OK?!" Your brother tells into your ear.

"Ow! Chill! I'm fine! People just started melting if you can believe it."

"Yeah! I can see that! That's the last straw, you're moving out of New York and back in with me."

"What? Ew no! I don't want to go back! I'll be fine! Here!"

"Is it Casey? Is he keeping you here?! He can just move with us!"

"No it's not Case- oh shit..."

"What? What? What's wrong?!"

"I'll call you back one second!"

"Y/n-" you hang up and stare at your phone. Miguel clears his throat. "So, who was that?"

"My brother... Casey drove me back here... do you-do you think he was- is dead?" Miguel stays silent.

"I don't know." Silence fills the room, you want to call him so badly but you're afraid of the answer.

At this point is Schrödinger's cat. Miguel puts his hand on your shoulder as you stare at your burnt apartment.

"Stay with me tonight." You nod and he picks you up and swings you back to his apartment.