You got a boyfriend, don't lead him on.

Another week passed and Miguel has kept on coming in everyday ordering the same thing, today was no different.

"Hi Miguel! The usual?" You ask.

"Yeah and I'll actually have my coffee here today." He replied.

"Alrighty then!" you hand him the cup while the news plays on the TV it played a clip of Spider-man fighting an anomaly making a mess of the building around.

"How does no one ever get hurt?" you said "I mean can't he be a little more careful? People live and work in those buildings."

"You don't like Spider-man?" Miguel asked while taking a sip of his coffee

"It's not that I don't like him, I think he has the right intentions. It's just sort've tragic, the only way he can save people is by destroying things... Well, at least we have a hero, I guess."

Miguel chuckles as he continues sipping on his coffee. Then the door opens.

"Hello, welco- baby?!" you run to your boyfriend and hug him "what are you doing here?"

"I got off of work early, thought I'd surprise you." your boyfriend replied.

Before you could turn to introduce your boyfriend to Miguel, he pays for his coffee and begins to leave.

"Oh Miguel" you say "You didn't finish your coffee"

"it's fine, I never finish it anyway" he says before leaving the cafe.

You stand there confused, 'why doesn't he just order a medium?'

Then Cathy's words ring in your ears, was this leading him on?

The guilt starts to set in before your boyfriend's voice pulls you out of your thoughts.

"Well looks like he was your last customer, maybe you can close shop early and I can stay over?"

your boyfriend asks while kissing your face. "...Yeah, yeah it's probably for the best."

Around a week and a half went by without Miguel coming back to the cafe, you start to get a bit worried.

Maybe you really did hurt him, were you leading him on? Just then Miguel comes in. "Oh, Miguel. Where have you been?"

"I was just really busy, I couldn't get coffee." he replied.

"Well, I missed you." you said instantly regretting it that might also be leading him on. "You did?"

"W-Well, yeah. we're friends..."

"'friends', huh?"

The silence is almost unbearable as you nod quietly all you could hear was static in your head.

You finally break the silence as you remember your job. "So uh, your usual? To-go?"

"yeah, to go." You hand him his large coffee and he pays then leaves.

The awkwardness seemed to grow more and more those next few weeks.