Prologue

Prologue

Everyone is always given a choice. Those choices are what makes certain things happen. Those choices, the events, they all form memories.
But what if we make wrong decisions? Does that mean our memories, our whole lives....Are wrong? Or can they not become 'wrong'?

How can you even distinguish between right or wrong?
There are certain things we all know are wrong but...How?

I ask this all to Doctor Maria and she shakes her head at me.
"Humans make mistakes Jenette, that's how life is. You can't have 'wrong memories'. How can anyone have wrong memories?" She frowns and pushed her glasses up.

Maybe my logic is different than hers. She sees it all in a different perspective.
"You were put in here by your parents because of these strange thoughts Jenette. It got you into this mess and it has been three years" The doctor adds.

" I know it's been three years. I've lived those three years" I look at her and sigh.

She won't let me forget the fact that I've been kept in this terrible place they call a 'mental asylum'.
Well they got the mental part right. This place drives a person MENTAL.
But I'm not crazy. At least I don't think so.

" I still don't understand why my thoughts could ever put me here" I state.

"You just rambled a lot about things they couldn't understand, If they did you wouldn't be here"

I shake my head slightly and sigh again. My parents and I have lived in America for about 15 years, when I was about to turn 16 my dad got this job offer in Australia. But I can't even remember what the city we moved to was called anymore.

He took the job, we moved, and well they thought I was insane when I was 17. Put me in here.
So three years later here I am. In a shitty little room...place...thing! I have no clue.

"Well when can I leave?" I mutter to her.

"I have no idea" she replies.

I don't mind Doctor Maria. She's honest and straight-forward. But she knows when I'm getting out. She knows. Both of us know. Everyone knows.

Never.

I'm never getting out.
Not unless I do something about it.
I'm going to try to escape. No matter what anyone says. No matter what happens.

I'm leaving this hell hole and I'm NEVER coming back. Ever.