Chapter Eight

Calum's P.O.V

I wake up from my short attempt at trying to fall asleep. I did manage to get some but I doubt that I'll actually rest again without any nightmares.

My eyes roam around the dark room as I lay on the lumpy hard bed. closing my eyes I beg for something other than the constant nightmares I constantly have.

Why does this keep on happening to me? Why is sleep so hard to get?

"You should request getting sleeping pills again" Luke speaks.

"You're awake?" I mumble.

"Mhmm"

"Why?"

"Thinking about a thing or two."

"Well you know what happened last time I got pills again"

"You didn't overdose on purpose. It's fine. I just want you to rest Calum. You've been getting dark circles and bags under your eyes that compete with a shopaholic's bags while everything's on sale"

"I hate the pills. I still get my nightmares except I can't wake up from it. Not until the medication wears off"

"Well come here then and sleep next to me" he opens his arms gesturing me to come lay with him.

"The beds here are as tiny as Michael's penis" I comment.

"HEY NOW. Michael's penis and I have had some good times together and the cliffoconda is anything but tiny" Luke jokes.

"Luke...You're a cockslut"

"Just push the beds together and appreciate being so close to me"

I laugh and after the beds were pushed together I land on the bed with a small 'thud'.

"Now go to sleep. Okay Cal?"

"Okay Luke"

The next morning I woke up to loud knocking on the door. Breakfast.

"Can we ditch breakfast? I actually slept and I missed this"I groan.

"Sorry Cal. We gotta go" he pulls my drowsy figure and takes me to our usual table.

"Where is everyone?" I rub my still sleepy eyes.

Only Michael and Ashton were there. I look behind me to find the rest of the group sitting in their older table.
Ashton sits glaring at Michael.

"You two need to sort the tension between you" I state while eating this sad excuse of a meal.

"He snapped at Ashley and hasn't apologized yet, I will forgive him when he apologizes" Ashton shrugs.

"I didn't mean to snap at her"

"Apologize then"

Muttering something, Michael heads over to the other table and instead of apologizing like Ashton demanded he took a seat next to Mauro and wrapped his arms around him.

"Isn't Michael straight?" I ask.

"No? He's gay. Why would you think he's straight?" Luke turns to me with questioning eyes.

Oh shit. I lied to Maura.

Mauro's P.O.V

"Oh uh. Hello Michael" I greet nervously.

"Hey there"

He takes a seat. Right. Next. To. Me.

Oh my god. Is this really happening? Seconds later he wraps his arms around me.

"You speak English?" Ashley asks me.

I nod unable to form any words at this point. I've only ever dreamt that this day would come.

'You need to make a move' Maura persuades using the telepathy we share.

'Like...How?'

'Fuck. I don't know. Do you see a flock of guys around me? I'm not necessarily a pro at this'

I gaze at the beautiful boy next to me and move my body closer to him.

Could that be considered as a move? Because this isn't my forte.

"Maybe we could hangout at dinner by ourselves tonight" Michael whispers into my ear.

YES. OF COURSE. FINALLY YOU ASK ME THIS? YES YES YES!

"I'd love to"

"It's settled then. It could be like our very own date" He grins standing up.

I nod with my eyes as large as two saucepans. THIS IS HAPPENING.
THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING.

He stares at me for a bit as if contemplating something, leans in and...Kisses my cheek.

CLOSE ENOUGH. I WILL TAKE WHAT I CAN GET.

"I ship it" Jenette whispers.

"I believe we just witnessed the birth of Micro" Ashley beams.

"I believe so too" I agree keeping my eyes on the boy that I desperately want.

"So...since you barely managed to survive that encounter. How are you going to survive dinner with him?" Maura asks.

"Oh shit" I curse.