Chapter Twelve

Ashton's P.O.V

Any idiot can FEEL the tension between Maura and Michael. Something was up between them but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Lunch time was terrible because Maura kept shooting Michael looks that could make Medusa herself turn into stone. Dinner wasn't any better.

"Okay that's it. What is up with you two?" I ask them.

"I didn't do shit. She's the one that's sending hateful vibes" Michael shrugs.

What is up with everyone and shrugging?

"He has a point" Mauro defends.

"You're taking his side?" Maura asks incredulously.

"Yes because he didn't do anything wrong while you're sitting here acting like the grinch" Mauro states.

"WELL EXCUSE ME FOR ACTUALLY CARING ABOUT MY SIBLING!" She raises her voice.

"IF YOU CARED ABOUT ME YOU WOULDN'T SIT THERE HATING ON MY BOYFRIEND!" Mauro matches her tone.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU" she storms off leaving us all sitting there dumbfounded at her behavior.

Calum mumbles something and chases after her.

What just happened?

Maura's P.O.V

Stupid Mauro and the fact that he's been blinded by Michael's false promises and bullshit lies.

Why can't he trust me?

"Hey" Calum takes a sits on the floor with me and holds my hand.

"Hi"

"Talk, I know you've got a lot to say"

"I don't want to think about it right now" I sigh.

"I can help numb the pain" he whispers into my ear.

"What're you waiting for then?" I raise an eyebrow and seconds later he has me on his lap with his lips pressed against mine.

His lips were everywhere. My neck, my lips, every part of my body was touched by him. I couldn't keep up.

"You're beautiful" he murmurs as he nibbles my ear.

I tangle my hand into his hair and pull at it. The things this boy does to me are indescribable.

"You're the closest thing there is to perfection. If it ever existed you would be the embodiment of it" he whispers sweet things into my ear and I don't know what to do. What to say back. How could I show him that I felt the same?

"Don't think about what's bothering you. Just kiss me" he tells me.

And so I do. I kiss him. I kiss him like it was the last thing I would ever do.

"You...Know...We're...In the...Cafeteria..Right?" I say in between kisses.

"I don't care"

"Yea but I do. Break it off you two!" A guard barks at us.

A rosy tint spreads all over my face and Calum just grins like an idiot.

"Why so cheery?" I ask.

"Because I left a couple of pretty impressive marks on your body babe" he winks.

Oh god.

Seconds later we were pulled apart because it was time to go back to our rooms.

"So you don't like it when I have a boyfriend but I'm supposed to support you when you go off with Calum?" Mauro inquires.

"That's different" I shrug.

Mauro's P.O.V

"How's it different Maura?!" I exclaim.

"UNLIKE MICHAEL, CALUM ISN'T LYING TO ME OR TOYING AROUND WITH MY EMOTIONS!" She yells.

"HE ISN'T JUST MESSING WITH ME! MICHAEL ACTUALLY CARES. UNLIKE CALUM WHO'S PROBABLY ONLY USING YOU AS A HOOK UP. IDIOTA!"

"HE ISN'T USING ME!"

"LOOK AT YOU! YOUR BODY IS FILLED WITH DISGUSTING HICKEYS!"

"THEY'RE BETTER LOOKING THAN YOUR SAD EXCUSE OF A BOYFRIEND!" She snaps.

"WHY DO YOU HATE HIM SO MUCH?"

"Because...He's toying with you"

"He isn't toying with me"

"I'm sorry but Michael isn't bisexual. He's straight Mauro"

"What?"