12.

Flau'jae Johnson
_____

After looking high and low for a good doctor to do our IVF procedure, we found one. Now that we're actually taking action, I'm feeling — I don't know.

Overstimulated with joy and nervousness

There's pros and cons to this, so I hope we come out successful. I've been traveling back and forth between basketball and home for appointments.

The traveling is weighing me down, I'm tired.

For the most part this whole thing isn't taking as long as I thought. We're on the last step of this and I'm more than happy.

The embryos were made using my eggs, and today we going in for the embryo transfer. They're inserting the embryos into Angel to impregnate her.

She's nervous about the transfer, so of course I been trying to keep her calm. It's barely working, but it's cool.

"This procedure does not require anesthesia and it won't take long" our doctor, Dr.Truitt told Angel, she's trying to keep her calm too

"Is it gonna hurt?" Angel asked as I grabbed her hand squeezing it, "My heart beating out my chest"

"I don't know if it'll hurt, but I know you'll be fine" Dr. Truitt said before Angel sighed and I chuckled

"You done asked this lady four questions back to back. You good, she licensed in this field" I said while looking down at her

"See, I promise I know what I'm doing" Dr. Truitt said with a friendly smile

"Okay" Angel said before taking a deep breath and covering her face

"Do I have permission to proceed?" Dr. Truitt asked before receiving a nod, "Before I start, I just wanna say don't move. Keep your legs positioned how I have them"

She proceeded as I continued to hold Angel's hand. Before we knew it, she was finished with the insertion.

"See, it wasn't that bad" Dr.Truitt said as a smile plastered across my face, "All the nervousness for no reason, you did amazing"

"I feel proud" Angel said with a slight laugh while uncovering her face, "I need to go shopping now"

"Absolutely not" I said shutting her idea down, "It ain't happening, you going home after this"

"Online shopping" she said causing me to shake my head 'no', "You a party pooper"

"Please stay put after this, I'm on wifey side. Go home" Dr. Truitt said before I gave Angel a look, "You don't want to be doing too much right away"

"Okay"

"I'm gonna let you put your clothes back on, and Dr. Mathis will check you guys out. He has some papers for you guys, so stay in here"

She left out before Angel dressed out into her regular clothes. A few minutes later, Dr. Mathis came walking in.

I'm so excited, I want to scream and holler.

"We are completely finished with the procedure, so congratulations guys. So now, we wait for the positive pregnancy test" he said before I squealed a little

"You having a moment?" Angel asked before I nodded, "I see"

"I get that reaction with everybody, I know right. It's exciting" Dr.Mathis said all excitedly, "It's a very exciting moment"