48.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

I took a sip of my coffee before practically gagging. I'm trying to get in my aesthetic calm era, and it's not working.

I'm failing excessively.

I've never ever been a coffee person, but I saw a Starbucks drink on the internet. They were promoting their new drink, and it looked good.

I opened my car door before spitting it out and pouring the drink out.

"Hell no" I threw the cup on the ground before closing the door back

I grabbed my water bottle and chugged it down to remove the taste. After handling that I picked up my phone and called my momma.

I'm ready to start back working and I'm ready now.

"People who sleep pass eight are broke" I told her before she sucked her teeth

"Flau'jae what you want?"

"I'm ready to start back working, so I'm calling all my elves up. I need my little helpers to get to work, like now"

"You better wait until after New Year's, I'm on break. I ain't doing nothing until after"

"See, you ain't bout your bankroll. You my manager, how you on break?" I asked genuinely confused because huh?

"You my artist, how you on break?"

"I had a baby, it wasn't optional" I explained while hearing shuffling in the background

"Oh okay, and y'all need to bring my baby over here. I wanna see her"

"Nope, I'm calling Des, bye" I hung up because maybe she need time to wake up. Hopefully she wake up with a new mindset.

I called Des just to get no answer before calling again

"What you over there doing?" I asked as soon as the call connected

"Cooking"

"What you cooking up, work?" I asked before she started laughing

"I'm cooking up some waffles, eggs, ba —" I cut her off because no way she explaining

"Des no, I'm ready to start back working. We need to get the ball rolling"

"Your mom said everything's starting back up after New Year's" she said before my mouth dropped dramatically

How soon is after New Year's?

"So y'all been talking about this?"

"Yes because I was wondering the same thing"

"She tripping, I'm finna start back without y'all" I said before she hummed

"It's something coming up in January, like towards the end. So, I wouldn't do that if I were you"

"But my thing is what if I wasn't ready to start back working?" I said now ready to vent, "What if I would've never called and said nothing?"

"You was gonna be forced to do so"

"Y'all ain't right, y'all ain't right for real. I have a daughter now, I just can't up and do shit" I said now feeling some type of way about it

"I'm sorry it's not my call, you have to talk to Kia"

We ended up hanging up and I didn't make no more calls. I'm over the phone calls for today cause they blew me.

I pulled off making my way to Lowe's because I broke our security camera.

I'm tired of spending money, especially because Christmas is literally in a few days.