14.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

"It's really two lines" I said while covering my mouth as I looked at the positive pregnancy test

"I cried real bad bae, and yes it was a ugly cry" Angel said over the FaceTime call

"I bet your cry baby self did do a ugly cry" I said before we both started laughing , "my big cry baby"

"You can't call me a cry baby this time cause I actually had something to cry for"

"Aight you right, you right I can't call you that"

"Thank you"

Angel was definitely standing on business when she said she didn't want me away for basketball while pregnant.

I had to beg her until she changed her mind. She only gave in because she was tired of saying no.

"I'm so happy, I'm finna get my son" I said excitedly before she turned the camera around mugging

"You finna have a daughter, so get ready for me to pink everything out" she said happily while smiling as I shook my head

"We gone see"

"Yup, we will and where you going?" she asked as I made my way out the hotel bathroom, "You look too good with this all black on"

"Thank you, baby. We got a team dinner tonight, and  the attire all black"

"Aw, I wish I can sit across the table from you tonight. You so sexy" she said causing me to laugh a little

"Thank you mamas, I appreciate you" I thanked her, "You good on dinner tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm cooking" she said before I nodded

"Well let me go before I be late, I'll call you tomorrow" I told her before she frowned her face up

"Can you talk to me for a little bit more and just be late for dinner?"

"Ima call back before I go to be bed" I said before her frown turned into a smile

Angel so spoiled to the point where the answer 'no' is not accepted. If I say 'no' she have the biggest attitude and claim I'm mean.

It's my fault she act the way she do, so I don't complain. I finesse it, so instead of telling her no I tell her something else she wanna hear.

We said our goodbyes before hanging up the phone. I grabbed everything I needed before heading down to the truck.

We pulled off and arrived almost ten minutes later.

"Yo' Flau" Kyah, my teammate greeted me with a dap as I approached the team table

"Wassup Ky"

"If Flau'jae made it on time, it's gone be a good night" Ria, my other teammate spoke causing us to laugh

"You know it" I said agreeing with her, "And I see y'all dressed in y'all all black. Eating in style, I see y'all"

"Whoever suggested all black as the attire tonight knew what they was doing " Ray said causing us all to agree

After a while of us talking our waitress ended up coming. She gave everybody their drinks before taking our order.

While we waited for our food, our coaches gave their speeches, which took up twenty plus minutes.

They definitely talk too much.

Eventually our food came out and everybody ate and conversed amongst themselves.

"We in Florida baby, we ain't got no choice but to put this on the map" Cadence said as we all cheered happily

"Oh, yeah and Florida don't owe the Aces nothing" I said confidently, "We on a winning tour baby, winning streak"

Everybody finished eating before closing their tabs. We took team pictures and took some individually as well.

After a while everybody ended up leaving. It's one of my teammates birthday, so we're going out to the club tonight.

Instead of calling Angel back before bed, I called her while I got ready. Only because I'm definitely gone be too tired to call when I get back.

I've been up since four this morning and honestly I'm tired. I had morning workouts, then the team had a event, a two hour virtual meeting, and the studio.

Then the dinner, and now we're going to the club. I'm going to dance to three songs and take a shot then I'm leaving.

I'm tired.

"Pause" I said stopping Angel mid conversation for the second time, "If you ready for a baby, why you having second thoughts?"

"I just am"

"You don't make no sense, it's like I'm tryna understand but I don't"

"My mom said my career still fresh, I don't need to be pregnant" she said causing me to sigh now getting annoyed

"Ain't nobody supposed to know about the baby because of that reason. Everybody gone have something to say, Angel"

"I was with Nabeela and Endyia and slipped up about the baby. We got into a argument, and I was mad so I told my mom"

"And when you told your momma, she told you to you don't need to be pregnant?"

"Yeah" she said before I sighed again

"So now, you confused and regretting what you wanted. That's one of the reasons why I told you we moving on your timing when it comes to kids"

I been ready for a baby for years, but Angel wasn't on that timing. Because I love her and she's who I want to build a family with, I waited on her.

I told her that whenever she ready for a baby, we can have as many as she want. Her family is like the only people who can say shit to her and it bother her.

She just be wanting contentment, so sometimes she go along with what her family wants to keep the peace.

I can careless about their peace because while they're satisfied, she's not.

"Bae I know, but maybe she right and everything gone slow down"

"Everything gone slow down whether we have a baby now or in five years. When the baby here you still gone be getting booked"

"You right" she said while sighing stressfully

"Your career still gone be here when the baby here. I hope you ain't thinking bout abortion cause you not aborting my baby."

"No" she said quickly, "I'm keeping my baby"

"Man y'all be stressing me the fuck out, like for real. I need you to stop talking to them cause you confusing yourself"

"I can't not talk to my mom"

"Well don't talk about nothing relating to the baby cause you can't handle that"

After a while of us talking, we hung up the phone. This is why I probably need to be home cause I barely know what's going on.

I'm over it.