41.

Angel Reese-Johnson
_______

"When I say don't touch the food, I mean it" my grandma said before popping one of my little cousins

She better not ever pop my child, like ever.

"Grandma that was mean" I told her before she gave me a deadly look

"I said nobody touch the food until it's time to eat, and I meant that. Royalty better find something safe to do, go find your momma"

Royalty walked out the kitchen as I just shook my head. My grandma do not want play when it comes to her food.

She literally mean business.

"I'm pregnant can I eat early, like do I get a pass?" I asked her hoping to hear what I want

"Everybody eating in the next hour, so make a small plate to hold you up for now"

Thank God.

I made a plate before standing there and eating it. Once I felt the same cramp feeling, I threw the plate away and washed my hands.

They're getting stronger and stronger.

"Where's Flau'jae?" I asked out loud to anybody before receiving unhelpful answers

I started walking around looking for her before making my way outside. The last time I saw her she was outside, and now she's gone.

"You look like a pregnant deer in the headlights" my uncle said before I stale faced him

"You're a asshole" I said before walking off making my way back inside

I kept looking before seeing her laid out on the couch sleep. It's the fact that I checked the living room and didn't her.

Why would she go to sleep?

"Flau'jae get up" I said while shaking her continuously, "Bae"

"What?" she said all annoyed before I scrunched my face up. I hate her attitude when she's tired, like it's the nastiest attitude ever.

"Get up and stop being rude" I said before moving her hands from inside her pants, "And keep your hands out your pants, we not at home"

I don't know where she gets that from or why she does it, but it's a normal thing. She's been doing it since we met, I guess it comforts her.

"Angel what you talking about?"

"Are you up — listening?" I asked before getting ready to proceed on with what I was gonna say

"Yes, baby" she asked while sitting up and looking at me, "What's wrong, what happened?"

"You're being rude don't go back to sleep" I demanded before she sighed, "And are you eating?"

"No"

She never eats anybody else's cooking, if it's not mine or her mom's she won't eat. I don't know what it is but she's always been like that.

"Alright, and bae I keep telling you I'm having contractions. Like, I've been tolerating it but it hurts and you're not listening"

"Our due date January" she said in a confused tone, "It's not contractions"

"It's damn near December, I can have her any day now" I said before she shook her head at me pulling me down on the couch

"You overthinking, relax ma"

"I can't relax if I'm in pain" I said before she sighed frustratedly

"Whatever you say you wanna do, we gone do it. What you wanna do?"