36.

Flau'jae Johnson
______

"Everybody gather around for prayer" my grandma spoke before everybody did as told, "We gone pray over Flau'jae before she go into court this morning"

My family is so supportive of anything I have going on. Regardless of what I did they gone always be behind me.

I looked over to see my momma, who was just standing there with an unreadable expression. She calmed down about it, but she's still mad.

As any parent would be, I completely understand. She's mad at the fact that I knew better, but she more mad that I'm detached from the situation.

I don't give a fuck.

I'm really just ready to get it out the way because I got other shit to worry about. This shit been hanging over my head, and I'm over it.

Later today is our gender reveal and that's the only thing I'm worried about.

"God, I just want to thank you for allowing us to see another day. My granddaughter is going into court today, God I ask that you protect her. She may be scared God, I asked that you remove all fear from her heart ... "

She finished on with the prayer before closing out

"Amen" everybody said at the same time before I sighed and started walking off

I made my way outside to the truck feeling everybody on my trail. Once I realized that nobody was in the truck, I stopped because the doors locked.

"Bae" I heard Angel say causing me to turn around immediately giving her my attention

"Yes beautiful?" I answered while pulling her out the way of everybody just quickly brushing pass her

"You okay?"

"I'm straight, I'm chilling" I said keeping my answer simple, "I know you worried, but you don't gotta keep asking mamas"

"I know, but you're just too quiet and I don't want you to shut down"

I pulled her into a hug before planting a kiss on her forehead. She's so possessive and tender over me, I love it.

"I'm chilling, thank you for caring. I love you"

"I love you too" she said before our lips met

I didn't want her to come for this reason, she's so worrisome. She's overwhelmed about the situation and she gone drive herself crazy tryna make sure I'm okay.

If I would've told her I didn't want her to come, she would've felt some type of way.

Eventually, we got in the truck before leaving and getting there twenty minutes later.

"If you go in there with a attitude, you going down" Ameen said before I mugged him as hard as I could, "I'm telling you, I done been through it"

"I don't have no attitude"

"It's all in your face and your body language. I know you don't give a damn, but pretend like you do"

"What you talking bout?" I asked being completely confused, "I'm not even doing nothing"

"You ain't listening either"

"No you just talking"

He continued to talk and eventually I tuned him out. My dad has a way with words when he's trying to discipline me. I don't like it because it confuses me and I have a hard time responding.

Our relationship is so jolly, so him disciplining me makes me wanna shut down. I'm use to my momma being on my ass, not him.

He's the laidback parent.