chapter 13 :>

(⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

____________

There was silence in the conference room. 

Nobody opened their mouths. Jungkook, who was guided there after all the work was done, did not say a word as they told him what the current situation was like. He was sitting there, his face blank.

“So …” Jungkook said, only after all the manager’s words had ended, and heavy silence settled in. “...I can’t go out?”

“Yes …” The manager continued cautiously.  

“The head of the security team is looking for a way. It seems to be difficult to drive back like when you came … The building is completely surrounded …”

The manager’s words gradually trailed off.

Jungkook didn’t say anything. His expressionless face was still the same. 

Everyone was nervous and looking at him, but suddenly Jungkook moved. All he had to do was give the manager a hand, but at the same time, the people observing the situation were very nervous, and the manager quickly pulled a black metal box out of his pocket. It was a cigarette .

There was a unanimous sigh of relief. Jungkook raised the cigarette to his mouth and lit it without saying a word.

“Hoo”, his long puff of smoke made the people present nervous.

“Mr. Jeon, if you drink something …”

The secretary who noticed Jungkook’s face stopped talking.

“What garbage are you going to give me to drink?”

“… I’m sorry.”

The secretary gave up quickly.

Silence fell on all sides again. Yoongi was literally suffocated. With Jeon Jungkook in such a small enclosed space, the scent of pheromones flowed everywhere. Time seemed to be increasing and the added stress was killing him.

I should go to the bathroom or something. He thought.

As he looked at him, his eyes met Jungkook without warning. At that moment Yoongi was startled and tensed.

It was then that he thought he might have been intentionally staring at him. Of course it would be an illusion. 

However, to his shame, he kept his eyes fixed on him. Yoongi was lost due to Jungkook’s persistent gaze, it was as if he had expected eye contact. He swallowed hard and the sound passing through his throat was unusually loud. Jungkook kept watching as Yoongi swallowed. 

At that moment, the nerves in his entire body became alert and Jungkook’s gaze seemed to pierce his skin. Just in time, there was a bang and then Mark entered. Yoongi apparently relaxed his tense nerves and breathed a sigh of relief, but Mark’s expression wasn’t very good.

“The barricade collapsed,” Jackson yelled.

Jungkook finally looked away, but there was still no response. Mark continued:

“I don’t think it’s possible to move immediately. The police are in the process of breaking up the crowd, so if you wait a bit …”

“How much?”

Jungkook’s indifferent voice interrupted Mark’s words.

When Mark hesitated, Jungkook waited a moment and asked again:

“How long should I be waiting?”

Mark blinked in puzzlement and said:

“Well, I don’t know. A short three or four hours …”