Haven't I Given Enough?

im incredibly sorry for this horrible chapter i needed to get a chapter out so have this quick angst of wilbur always being second place in everything but then quackity makes me him happy but only briefly then he becomes sad again lmao

title from the song glided lilys by cults

cw: child neglect, bad parent phil and kristin (IM SORRY), brief blood and cuts, child favouritism (is that a word idk) , wilbur just having a bad time basically

remember that they would never act like this, their personalities have been altered to fit this story!!

unfinished, up to you for the ending

!THIS BOOK IS DISCONTINUED! IM JUST POSTING THE UNFINISHED CHAPTERS!

"Oh you're second! That's amazing!--" Shut up with that bullshit.
Second place is the equivalent of being the first loser. First equals the best, third equals the happiness of being on the podium, second equals you didn't try hard enough.

That's how Wilbur felt every single day of his life, every single day.

Everyday was the same for him, watch his siblings get praised for their work, while he was off to the side and had to be the audience.

"Great job Tommy! We're so proud of you!" Kristin smiled, hugging him, Phil soon joining in to give him a tight squeeze. Wilbur yearned for that, he can't remember the last time he was happy and loved like that. Any sort of memory like that escaped his mind, it probably never happened in the first place.

"Thanks mum and dad!" Tommy exclaimed, hugging them both back with a wide smile plastered on his face. Wilbur watched this happen from the second floor railing, he was happy for him, but at the same time he really wasn't.

He was one hundred percent sure, that no one gave a single fuck about him. No one knew his name, they all knew him as "Tommy and Techno's brother" cursed to live in the shadows of his siblings.

He was never the spotlight of anything, no matter how hard he tried. Instead of having the light, the lights were shifted to his brothers. If anything his siblings were the stars of the show and he was the one running the lights.

He watched them give him praise, watched them frame the certificate, watched them be happy for him. He wanted to break down right then and there, nothings stopping him, he could. But he won't, he doesn't want to ruin his brothers moment, but then again, when was it not his moment?

...

Wilbur was the top student, he was the top of everything basically, straight A's the entire school year. Aced every exam, was at least four teachers favourite. How was he overlooked when it was obvious he was the top of all his classes? No idea, he's just that forgettable apparently.

"Hi there! Uhm, you're Tommy's brother right?" Ranboo asked, Wilbur immediately tensed up, glaring daggers at the person in front of him.
"Yep, I'm Techno's brother!" He smiled,
"Great, could you give these back to him? I had to borrow his notes." They smiled, rubbing the back of their neck. Wilbur took the paper from the others hand, his fist clenching and crinkling the paper,

"Thanks dude." Ranboo smiled, walking away. Wilbur is a millimeter away from being done with everything, but he needs to be good enough and show that he is tough and doesn't break easy. He walked up and down the halls 'til he saw who he was looking for.

"Here, someone asked me to give these back to you." Wilbur tilted his head and smiled at him, Tommy smiled back,
"Oh! Tell Ranboo I said thanks, okay?" Tommy took the paper out of his hand and shoved it into his bag, Wilbur was about to scream and start making a scene.

Not a thank you or anything, how great.

unfinished