[3]: Not Very Ideal

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall's POV:

A month after we met, I was beginning to open up a little to Cris. It was a little strange to me, considering I hadn't had a true friend since middle school.

Cris was adorable, to say the least about him. He had his braces removed only a few days after I met him and he had adorable little dimples when he smiled. He finally stopped blushing every couple words around me and was able to talk to me freely. To be honest, I envied his ability to trust me after knowing me for only a month, not that I would ever break his trust. He was nice but very sensitive, and his sense of humor was drastically different from mine.

I had told my mom about Cris and she invited him over for dinner. I was fine with it, for the most part. I mean, it's Cris. A cute, sweet, innocent guy who was too scared to point out an issue you were having with your outfit...unlike me. I'd be the first to tell you that there was a hole in your shirt or some shit.

"Ready?" I asked.

He responded by grinning from ear to ear. "Yep."

"Then let's go, Mom'll flip her shit if we're not home soon," I stated, turning on the car and pulling out.

Halfway through the ride Cris looked at me sideways. "So, Kieran?"

"Hmm?" I hummed. "What'd you say Crisy?"

"Don't call me that," he said offhandedly. "I said, so you like Kieran? I noticed last month that you kept looking at him."

I almost smirked, but repressed it. "I hardly know him," I pointed out.

"So?" He asked. "It doesn't change the fact that you're attracted to him."

"So he's my type, big whoop, doesn't mean it's going to happen," I replied. "Look Cris, liking is different from being with...drastically different. Both of those are not what I am good at. The only things I like are food, drinks, and anime."

Cris huffed. "Why do you have to be like that?"

I sighed. "Crisy—"

"Don't call me that!" He whined.

I smirked, knowing damn well I would not be stopping that. "You know I have severe trust issues. I told you that before. You're a complete miracle."

He sighed. "I know, it's just you keep staring at him so clearly he's a little more than attractive to you. And frankly, trying to get your attention at lunch is tiring."

"Crisy, you have to understand that when I stare at people, I'm not always staring because they're attractive, sometimes I stare because my anxiety-brain turns off 'processing mode' and I can't understand what they're saying," I said, glancing over at him.

"But you stare at him because he's attractive," Cris said, raising an eyebrow. "You literally can't look him in the eye."

"Okay, maybe, but you can't look Isaiah in the eye either," I pointed out teasingly. He flushed. Got him. I had come up with so many comebacks just for him in the past month; I could write a 108 page essay listing them all. Feel special, Cris, I put effort into you.

"Listen, I don't mean to bring up painful memories, but that guy was a total bitch. He didn't deserve you, and he deserves what he got. Just like you deserve to be happy for once in your life! Kieran treasures friends like family. So maybe something will happen, maybe it won't, but regardless you'll have made a good friend."