[26]: Regression

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Kieran POV:

After the few days Niall had taken off of school for mental health reasons, he finally decided he wanted to go back to school. I was glad, because Mom had told me the days I went to school without him, he would sit around and bury himself in blankets. He'd finally told the twins what had happened, but as far as I could tell nothing had changed for them. It'd probably take a few days for it to finally sink in.

I knew they'd have to go back to their house at some point, but I worried about Niall. At least while he was with us, Mom would make him eat and care for himself.

I woke up, opening my eyes to see Niall next to me and already awake.

"Hey," he smiled. Pain was weighing down his smile. I could see it in his eyes, but he was trying and I couldn't have been prouder of him for trying.

"Hey, how long have you been up?"

"Only a few minutes," he replied, shrugging. "I normally wake up at 6:00."

"How do you even function?" I muttered.

He stood up, taking my hand and kissing my palm. "Oh, you know. Now come on, I need to ask your mom to drop the twins off at kindergarten."

"Not without a kiss," I said, grabbing him and pulling him back down onto the bed. He laughed a little as I grabbed his face, placing a kiss on his lips.

We got to school and met up with Isaiah, Cris, Alex and Ky. Coby was nowhere to be found, so I assumed the dumbass slept through his alarm again.

As soon as Ky noticed Niall was there, he waved to him happily and signed something to him.

I had never seen Kyler so happy.

"Ky says 'how is everyone?'," Niall translated.

"I'm good," Cris said, blushing and smiling at Isaiah who had his arm around him. Kyler smiled, reading his lips.

"Pretty good," Isaiah shrugged, smiling down at Cris, who bit his lip giddily. They'd had their first date yesterday, so naturally they were a little giddy about it.

"I'm good," Alex grinned.

"I'm doing well," I said, smiling at Kyler. "How are you?

Kyler put his fingers up to his lips and arced his arm down to rest on the palm of his other hand. I assumed that was the sign for good.

Niall didn't say anything. I could tell Alex later, and Kyler would probably need an in depth explanation.

But, when Kyler signed to Niall again, I knew he asked him how he was.

Kyler must've noticed his change in mood and waved it away, putting a fist to his chest and drawing a circle. I guessed that was the sign for sorry because Niall waved it off.

Zay and Cris glanced at each other, but didn't say anything.

"So," Alex broke the silence. "You guys hear about that pile up on—"

"Oh for fuck's sake!" Niall cried, cutting him off and storming off to his class.

Alex watched him, confused and turned to look at us. "Did I say something wrong?"

I pursed my lips, watching Niall walk away, and looked at Alex. "It's not your fault. The pile up was, uh..." I trailed off, thinking of a word.

"It was personal," Cris finished.