[27]: Cheers

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Kieran POV:

We got home and were instantly attacked by the twins.

Unfortunately, Niall wasn't in the mood and walked right past them. Both of them looked devastated.

I smiled at the twins. "He's just a little upset," I told them. "I'm going to talk to him and make him feel better, okay?"

Sergio nodded and Bailey smiled, "Okay."

"I-I know I told you most of it," Niall said, letting me pull him against me. "But..."

"You can tell me again if you need."

He nodded, and snuggled into my chest. "Mika, Natalie and I became friends. After I lost touch with Mika and Natalie is when Mom met Garret," he said, almost robotically. Like he's practiced how he'd say it. "She and Garrett were sweet together. Garret wasn't always so fucked up, he actually was really nice. We liked him and two years later he proposed to her. After a few months he started acting weirder, but nothing concerning. Just stress related behavior. At dinner one night, Mom got up to go to the bathroom. The twins were in bed. Jackson had been good at reading lips and could form words, but his pronunciation wasn't the best. He preferred signing—" his voice cracked. "He said that he was really glad we could have a family dinner for once. I laughed and agreed but..." He trailed off. His voice was so broken.

"It was a blur. One moment we're laughing, the next there's a knife in my brothers th-throat. I jumped up and I hit Garret with my plate to get him off Jackson and just kept hitting him until he fell to the ground, screaming for Mom. W-When I looked up, my M-Mom was just...standing there in shock at the knife."

I hugged him closer, kissing his forehead. "Niall, y—"

"I-I screamed for Mom to do something," he said weakly. "By the time she snapped out of it...he was already gone a-and I'd grabbed the knife and stabbed Garret in the arm. Mom grabbed a pan and knocked him out."

"Niall," I said gently, forcing him to look at me and using my thumb to stroke his cheek. "I'm...so fucking sorry."

He looked up at me with sad eyes and clenched his jaw. "I was only 11," he muttered. "We trusted him...we invited him in..."

"I'm so sorry," I said softly, just holding his face and kissing his forehead. "Thank you...for trusting me with this."

He stayed silent, playing with his fingers. "I'm so over it," he said, falling against my chest. "I'm tired of being so overwhelmed."

I sighed, hugging him. "I get it. Being overwhelmed by emotions really, really sucks."

He was quiet for a bit before pulling back. "How do you know?" It wasn't accusatory, or defensive. He was curious.

"What, I can't be overwhelmed without a tragic backstory?" I asked teasingly. He snorted and laughed lightly. I grabbed him, hugging him to my chest, rolling back and bringing him to lay down with me.

He propped himself up to look at me with a half-assed grin. "You do have a tragic backstory don't you?"

I watched him with a smile before grabbing his hand. "My birth father left my mom and I for another woman and child," I said, smiling at his expression. "He'd been having an affair for years and had another child with the mistress. He eventually left for a 'business trip' and never came back, blocked my mom on everything. I was only 14 at the time, and when I finally got some social media, I'd kept tabs on him, just to see."