[29]: Four Years Later

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

[Four years later]

"Niall!" Bailey whined. "Can I please just go to Cassie's house?"

I groaned, putting my pen down. "No, Bailey, you can't. I already told you that I'm working and Kieran's busy."

She groaned, flopping on the couch and pouting.

I sighed. "Lee, you're 11 years old. You understand that I have school and a job."

She whined, spreading out across the couch and sliding off.

I rolled my eyes, turning back to my work.

Bailey and Melanie just turned 11. Sergio didn't want to be my little Sergy anymore. She decided that he wanted to be a she and went by the name Melanie. She named herself after Mom, grew out her hair, wears what she wants to wear and doesn't let other kids tell her that she's a guy. I was proud of her.

Speaking of, Mel ran into the room behind her sister, holding up her phone. "Niall, when's Kieran and Zay's hockey game?"

I sighed, looking at the clock. Fuck, it's in an hour. It'd take an hour just to get inside. "Shoot. I forgot that it was today."

Both the girls stared up at me. "We're going, right?" Bails asked.

I nodded. "Of course we are, I promised we wouldn't miss it."

Both Kieran and Isaiah tried out for and got into a nearby hockey team for their age range as their old one was for high schoolers. It was their regional championship game today. We couldn't miss it.

I watched Kieran and Zay skating alongside each other, passing the puck back and forth, then scoring.

It was the middle of the game. Their team was being beaten up. The opposing team was physically beating them and no one really noticed but me and a few others, or they just didn't care.

The girls watched excitedly, cheering for Zay and Kieran. I was sure Cris would've come to see his boyfriend, but he couldn't find a fast enough way home from Indiana for it. Isaiah and Cris talked all the time, and Cris would text me to gush about his boyfriend very frequently. For Zay's birthday, Cris planned to come back and surprise him without telling him. Kieran and I already had it planned out how we'd keep Isaiah away from his house, while Cris and I snuck in and did the preparations.

When they called a small break, Kieran and Zay came over to the side of the ice by the penalty box, where their team was having a short water break. We were sitting behind the penalty box, and when they climbed in, Kieran leaned over the wall to smile at me with glittering eyes. He was enjoying himself, despite how bruised he was gonna be later.

I grinned back. "You guys okay? You're getting beat pretty bad."

Zay shrugged. "It's not too bad." He gave Melanie's hair a ruffle as the girls excitedly spoke rapid fire at him.

Kieran nodded. "We can handle it," both of them turned, hearing their coach calling for the team to end their break.

"We've got to get back," Isaiah sighed. "See you."

Kieran smiled brightly, blowing me a kiss. He was ecstatic that I was there to watch him, I could see it all over his face. "I love you."

"Kick some ass for me, my love," I smiled gently. Even under his bright smile, I could see his wince. He was hurting, but he was having fun.