[14]: Birthday

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

I opened my eyes groggily, which was strange for me. I was normally wide awake and ready to go, but I felt Kieran's arm over my stomach which made me feel warm and welcome. Although it felt strange, it also felt nice. I snuggled deeper into the blankets, hearing him softly laugh.

After a couple minutes, I forced myself to sit up, yawning. I rolled my sore shoulders and cracked my knuckles, a morning routine. It was bright outside. I checked my phone, there were a couple messages from Mom.

It was about 10:00 in the morning, like always. Isaiah and Cris were still asleep. So were Bailey and Sergio. I guess it was a tiring day for us all yesterday.

I laid back down, burying myself in the blankets again and knowing damn well I wouldn't be able to sleep again, but the warmth I felt was comfortable.

The four of us were ready to finally go to the beach again. After Kieran had fallen back to sleep, I had been awake, just sitting on my phone. Kieran was still awake before the other two even after he fell back asleep. Talk about lazy butt-heads.

Kieran and I had been waiting forever. Alex, Coby and Kyler—well, just Alex—offered to take the twins to the beach before we went, so the two would move faster and not have two six-year-olds hanging on them. I made them swear not to let them run off. After Alex swore (on his life), I was alright with them taking my siblings. I trusted Alex, Coby and Kyler, just not like I did Cris, Isaiah or Kieran.

As we made it to the beach, finding the other four guys on a blanket they'd taken, I instantly noticed something was missing.

I stopped, looking around. "Where are Bailey and Ser—"

I hardly had time to finish as I was tackled to the ground from behind, landing face-first into the sand.

"Happy Birthday, Ny-Ny!" I heard two familiar voices cheering.

I pushed myself out of the sand. I could feel the twins' weight on my back as I sat up, shaking the sand out of my hair. I supported my weight on my elbows and looked at them.

"Wow," I said, dusting my face off. "That was quite the wake up call."

Bailey giggled and gave me a nicely folded piece of paper.

I took it from her, smiling. "Is this for me?" she nodded and smiled. I looked at the cover. It was a picture of me and the twins (labeled so) holding hands with balloons and confetti around us, drawn in crayon. The card was nicely titled "Happy Birthday Ny-Ny!!!" at the top in purple and blue, and scribbled over was a "hapy ber". It made me smile and I opened it. The inside read "Happy birthday Ny-Ny! You're the bestest biggest brother ever!!" Bailey signed it saying "I love you like I love cake!!!!" And Sergio signed it saying "You're the greatest brother ever." I closed it and smiled, hugging them. Cris, Kieran and Isaiah all had their names signed in it as well. Bailey obviously drew hearts around all their names.

"Thank you," I said, seeing them beaming.

"Happy birthday Niall!" Cris cheered and attacking me the same way as the twins just as I got up. Somehow I stayed standing, still brushing sand from my chest, stomach, face and legs from the twins.

"Happy birthday!"

"Happy birthday, Niall!"

Everyone wished me a happy birthday, which I didn't need. I didn't celebrate my birthday, really. I didn't understand how they knew about it.