[21]: Broken

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

"You look like our dad," Bailey said, pointing at Clay. Mr. Kent looked at them curiously.

"He does look like dad, doesn't he?" I said, laughing.

"Our dad is dead though," Sergio said.

I laughed at them, looking over at Kieran. "Yeah, yeah, he's dead," I said, sadly.

"What was your dad like?" Maria asked, mostly to Sergio and Bailey. I really wanted to stop talking about dead relatives, but the twins didn't seem bothered by it and I didn't have the heart to tell them to stop. Kieran could sense it and grabbed my hand, squeezing it softlt. The twins had never met my dad, they were adopted after my mom had remarried, but Mom had always told them that I was just like him, so they created their own perception of Dad based on me and pictures we had of him. I didn't mind, because it wasn't too far off.

"Like Niall!" Bailey said, giggling happily. "Daddy was super fun and liked running with me!"

"He liked protecting us, too," Sergy said, his face still down in his drawing.

"Alright, family," Mr. Kent said, but looked as if he didn't even hear. He turned, yawning. "I'm going to bed."

I looked down at my hands in my lap, thinking about my dad. He'd died in a car accident when we lived in London. Jackson and I were only six at the time, so I still had memories of him, though very limited memories. And now, Mom...

I didn't realize Bailey climbed into my lap until she pushed the corners of my mouth into a smile.

She smiled, showing her teeth. "Hey, Ny-Ny, don't be sad anymore, okay?"

I smiled at her. "I'm sorry, I'll try not to."

"Wow, Sergio, that's really good," Kieran said, looking at Sergio's drawing as he held it up proudly. "You even colored it in."

He grinned and showed me. It was Kieran all right. With his serious expression and dirty blonde hair. He even drew his light freckles.

"Draw Ny-Ny next!" Bailey said, bouncing happily.

"Okay!" Sergio said happily. He always loved a good challenge.

Maria took a picture of me and printed it out for Sergio to use, since we had to take Bailey to dance.

"Bye, see you later!" Maria said. "Have fun at dance class, Bailey."

"I will!" Lee replied, running to the car.

The ride there was pleasant. No talking, except for Bailey's occasional humming to the radio and me giving Kieran directions. Kieran held my hand the entire time on the center console. I really didn't want to leave the house, but I knew getting out would help me, even if it was to Bailey's dance class.

But...it was so soon after. I really just wanted to lock myself in my room.

When we got to the studio, June was just ending her first class. She wiped her forehead and walked over, crouching down to Bailey's level.

Her smile faded. "Where's your uniform?"

"I don't have it," Lee said guiltily.

"Where is it?" June asked. She wasn't testy about it. Although she did seem annoyed that she didn't have it, she seemed more curious. Lee never forgot her uniform.