[20]: Support

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

A few hours later, the police showed up at my house to speak to me. They'd explained everything, from the drunk driver to the four car pile up he caused. They'd handed me a box of all the stuff that was on her and in her car, which I just put on the ground because I couldn't bear to look through it. The whole time, Kieran stood by my side, rubbing my back.

I eventually agreed to go with Kieran to his house. Cris said he'd bring the twins to Kieran's house later that night, and Maria said they'd be more than happy to let us stay.

I rode with Kieran silently, letting the radio's music fill the silence.

I felt a hand slip into mine, lacing our fingers and squeezing softly. Kieran's hand was so warm and inviting. I didn't need to look at him to let him know what I was thinking.

He brought my hand up and I felt his lips on the back of my hand. My eyes remained on my lap. There was no need for words. His lips lingered on my hand. Despite the despair wrapping around my heart like snakes, it still pounded. It told me I was still alive, so I didn't mind.

Kieran held me in his arms on the couch while we waited for Cris. I sat on his lap, facing him and my face buried in his shoulder. He was rubbing comforting circles into my back. I felt my eyes getting heavy, with sleep or with apathy, I couldn't tell and soon I fell into a very light asleep.

I heard someone enter the room, speaking with Kieran quietly. I felt Kier's voice vibrating in his chest, but chose not to hear him or the person. I wanted to go back to sleep, to escape the pain.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Niall, honey?" I recognized Maria's voice.

I opened my eyes, my head still nestled in his neck. I sat up a little, seeing Kieran's soft, sympathetic smile, though worry was evident in his eyes. I was laying against him on the couch, his arms still warming me. I turned around to see Maria giving me the same smile as Kier's. Or...he had her smile.

"Hm?"

"Cris and your siblings are here," she said. "They've been waiting for you."

I sat upright. Bailey and Sergio were there in an instant. Just as I sat up, the two little kids attacked me. I wrapped my arms around them, hugging them tightly and squeezing my eyes shut to force the tears away. I kissed Bailey's forehead and squeezed Sergio tighter.

"Niall," Lee whimpered. "Where's Mommy?"

"I don't know, Lee," I replied softly.

Sergio began to squirm slightly, so I released him. Lee stayed in my arms. I sat with my back against the couch and let Bailey get comfortable in my lap.

I heard the front door slam, "I'm here bitches!" A voice yelled. I recognized it as Alana's. Kieran cringed a little at her poor timing, but I honestly didn't mind her.

But, lo and behold, Alana stepped into the room, disregarding the solemn atmosphere. She sparked a conversation with Kier, Maria and Cris.

Bailey looked up at Alana curiously as she laughed with a nervous and solemn Cris. "Is she your friend too, Niall?"

"Yeah," I said dully. She didn't reply for a while. Just sat in my lap just as solemnly as Cris.

"Niall?" She asked suddenly.