[22]: Out and about

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Kieran POV:

We walked through the doors of the house, Niall carrying Bailey and I was carrying her crutches.

I leant them against the wall next to the door. "Mom, we're back," I called.

Mom's voice came from the kitchen, telling us they were in there. We walked in, and Niall tried to set Lee down on a chair, but she refused and clung to him.

"Ny-Ny," Sergio said. "Look what I..." He trailed off. "Lee, are you okay?"

She looked down miserably and nodded. "I can't run with Niall anymore."

Sergio looked at her like she was dumb. "You can still tickle right?" He asked. "The tickle monster doesn't tickle with his feet."

"What ar—?" Mom turned around and gasped. "Oh, Bailey, honey. What happened?"

"I hurt my leg at dance," she said, choking up. Niall hugged her tighter against his side. She looked so upset.

"Lee, what did you want Sergio to do with your cast?" He asked, trying to lighten her mood. I remembered when I snapped my ankle in hockey, I couldn't do it for almost ten weeks. I felt so upset and disappointed with myself.

"I want you to draw on it," She said, wiping her eyes and grinning through her tears. "And I want Ny-Ny and Kieran to write their names on it!"

Niall smiled a little, then sighed when his phone rang. "Kieran, hold her for a second," He said, handing the very upset Bailey to me. She whined in protest. "I'll be right back."

He left the room, pulling out his phone and answering it without looking at the ID.

I smiled at Bailey. "I broke my leg once too," I said, drawing her attention.

"Really?"

I nodded. "I broke it playing hockey, and I was so sad I couldn't play for almost 10 weeks," I said. "You know how many days that is? That's like 70 days."

"70 days is so long," she said, sniffling.

"I know, right? It felt like it was going to be forever until I played hockey again," I said, then grinned at her. "But it was over nice and quick, and I was back to playing hockey. Your leg is gonna heal right up in no time, and you'll be back to dancing and running with Niall before you know it. And maybe your leg will heal back even stronger than me."

She looked elated to hear that.

I turned to look at my boyfriend, who was nodding despite the person on the phone not even seeing him.

"Alright. See ya," Niall said, cutting himself off. He stared at his phone; I had a feeling he was thinking something unpleasant. I smiled at Bailey and sat her on the chair next to Sergio and followed him.

"What was that about?" I asked, coming up behind him. He looked at me over his shoulder.

He wiped the scowl off his face. "Cris. He and Isaiah want to meet up with us at the local gym at 2:00," He said.

I nodded, looking at the ground. That can't be good. "So it's gotten that bad, huh?"

"Hm?" He asked. "What has?"

I looked up. "Oh, I'm not the right person to tell you, Zay is. As much as I want to, it's his story to tell."

He smiled. "I get it. I'm sure he'll tell me when he's ready."

"I'm sure he will," I said, hugging him.

"Hm, I wonder what Cris and Zay want," He said.

I rested his chin on the top of his head. "Well, Zay normally invites me to the gym to distract himself, so chances are that's what's going on."

"Maybe I should do that too, getting out should help," He said looking up at me as I pulled my head away. He gave me puppy-dog eyes and his grip on my shirt was strong. "Kiss me?"

I grinned and leaned down. "With pleasure," I said before kissing him. He smiled against my lips and I pulled back, looking at him. "Are we going? It's only 12. Maybe we could get something to eat?"

"Sounds good to me," He smiled. He looked a little better, and I was glad, but I could still see the sadness behind his eyes. I wished so badly to take it away. "I'm starving."

"Me too," I grinned back, laughing a little.

"Planning a date, huh?" I heard behind us. "Where to?"

"Hi Lan," I said, turning around. "We're going to have lunch, then see our friends who want to meet up with us."

She sniffed and wiped away a non-existent tear. "So cute."

I raised an eyebrow. "Honestly, it's only lunch and a few friends."

She grinned. "But still," she stopped. "Hey, you don't mind if I hang here while you're gone, do you? I wanna hang with the twins."

"Sure. As long as you take care of them," Niall said. "Bailey just snapped her ankle."

"Aw, the poor girl. I totally will," she said, raising her hands on surrender. "I'll tell her all about the time Kieran snapped his leg too. She'll feel just like him. And you need to promise me to enjoy your date. Okay?"

"You don't need to tell us twice," Niall said grinning.

She rolled her eyes, trying so hard not to smile, but eventually gave in. She smiled wide and pushed us out of the room. "Go enjoy your date! We'll watch the twins!"

Niall opened his mouth to tell her something, but she slammed the door behind us. "Uh oh," He scowled. "This won't end well."

"My mom is there, she'll reel Lana in and at least we get to spend time together," I said, walking towards my car. "Let's go, I'm still hungry, you know."

He grinned, shrugging. "You always are," he laughed. "Yeah, let's go."