• 𝐗𝐗𝐗 •

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

I muffle a wail of pain against the soft pillows of the bed, feeling sore everywhere. I feel like my bones have been broken into little small pieces - well, that's almost what happened. Truth be told, I feel dizzy and like I could throw up at any given time. It's so cold, yet when I land the back of my hand on my forehead to check my temperature, I feel boiling hot. With the little strength I have left, I search for a thermometer, easily finding it in the spot where I usually put it.

I place the electronic device a few inches away from my forehead and when multiple erratic beeps and a red bright light with the letter H appear on the small monitor; I panic for a bit.

I take my top off to check on my recent bruise on the side of my stomach, whimpering due to the pain the simple motion was causing me. It has stopped bleeding, good. That ugly bruise is clearly the cause of all my current discomfort; I check in the drawer for some painkillers, knowing full well I'm not going to find anything strong enough to soothe the pain.

I'll have to wait for Andrew to come with Nikolas. Dreading that alternative, I try to ward off the thought.

I doubt I can stay awake any longer, so I do the only reasonable thing to do. I go for a nap on the bathroom floor. I know it's cold, but it will probably cool my skin down for a minute...

●●●

I open my eyes and look at the ceiling, I'm in my room well the room I'm usually in when I'm too sick and Nikolas comes to take care of me, I remove the covers I was tucked in and realise that I'm naked but for a white long shirt, my legs feel sore, and my bones still feel broken.

"Good Morning Elide, you woke up,"' I feel someone caress my face, Andrew. Nikolas is right next to us, looking at me, smiling in his usual sadistic way.

I glance at him too, suddenly feeling nauseous.

"How long have I been in this state-" When I get hurt like this I'm allowed to be abrupt, ask questions, and be mad since Andrew is not going to risk worsening the situation, but if I disrespect him I'm simply going to pay for it later on.

"Three days," I shiver in disgust. I know my body, so I already knew what they did in those three days, and the satisfied gleam on both of their faces didn't leave space for any doubt.

END OF FLASHBACK

"It's Nikolas" I and Damien said in unison.

I sat there looking at Damien in confusion, wondering how the hell he knew him, but then it all clicked and it doesn't take any explanation from Damien to understand. Of course, he knows Nikolas he is his son's best friend, after all.

"Have you met him?" he asked, breaking our uncomfortable silence that had lifted. I nodded, sighing. At that moment, I felt like it was never going to end. I would never be tranquil in my home, or anywhere and all that because he was still watching me. They were still watching me.