Chapter 2

The next morning, I had decided to talk a long stroll on the streets of New York City and think though many things.

I passed through many people who all had the same face that lingered my mind.
Rose.

The lacking of her beautiful presence completely changed me and made me a lonely man. I would give up my fortune and everything I own to have just one minute with her once more and tell her how much I love her and perhaps kiss her once again.

It sounds idiotic for thinking I can't move from this, but I have never felt this way about a woman before and not only did I love her beauty, but her sprit as well. I fell in love with all of her and all of her imperfections. She was a spoiled brat, but I fell in love with that too and even though she was grown into that life, she became like me and made it count. If only she was with me right now.

I can't get my head around the fact that perhaps she is dead. The only thing that I really wanted to do was visit my friend Fabrizio and share some time with him, spiritually.

Coming back to my car, I turned the key in the ignition and drove down the crowded streets.

Minutes later, I pulled up to the quiet cemetery with beautifully decorative gates and fresh flowers. My heart felt like it was breaking again and I closed my eyes to the day we won our tickets to the Titanic.

His smiling face came into my mind and suddenly disappeared.

I should have done something to save him too. Perhaps, I shouldn't have told him to split up. I should have saved more people, done more. His death felt like my fault.

Pulling out some fresh flowers, I shut the car door and trudged through the gates.

Coming towards the large oak tree in the middle of the cemetery, I looked down and saw his grave stone shining in the mid-morning sun.

I knelt down before the marble slab and placed the bouquet of flowers down. I memorized his carved words on the marble and placed my fingers on top of them.

Fabrizio De Rossi
His soul will forever be at peace with the R.M.S. Titanic
To my friend,
I'll never forget you
1891-1912

I played with the flowers until they looked perfect and patted the piece of stone. My eyes filled with tears and I forced myself to close them.

I will never forget when we met in the summer of 1908. When I traveled to Rome as visited all of those monuments and met new people, including Fabrizio.

We met when I visited a cafe for some food when I had the money. He was working there and the first thing he ever said to me was one of those things I'll never forget.

"You are from America, aren't you?" He asked in his heavy accent. I smile and placed the menu down. Pushing back my blonde hair, I gave him a large smile.

"What gave it away?" I never forgot the laughs we shared and how we began visit places as he gave me little tours and history lessons of Rome. At first, he was like my tour guide, but later on he traveled around the world with me. We went to France, Germany, America, and we even saw the temples in Greece. We went on amazing adventures and I'll never forget the fun we had.

He wasn't even like a friend, but more like a brother. My long lost brother.

I pulled out the small picture of us together. It was the last thing I had to remember him by and I treasured it greatly.

Closing my eyes again, I went back to out last moments together.

The sense of relief that washed over me when I hugged him one last time and the time I saw his chocolate eyes wide open with fear and relief.