Chapter 6

That night, I laid in bed with the fear that she'll leave me, or worse be taken from me. Maybe she was right, I was being too unadvised and too unrealistic to deal with such a thing, but I love her and I want what's best. Even if that means I must suffer as well. I would do anything to take her place.

In the silence of the night, I heard a small knock on my bedroom door.

Utterly confused and a little terrified, I headed to the handle and opened the door.

Rose's badly bruised, beautiful face appeared and she hugged herself.

"I can't sleep." She frowned and I grinned to myself, letting her inside.

She sat on my bed and I wrapped the blanket around her shoulders.

"Jack." She called out as I turned on a small lamp. "I'm sorry."

"For what." I took her hand in mine and she turned to me. She already looked so much better. For one thing, her hair was back to normal and her face looked softer.

"For my attitude. You took me in after my rudeness and I'm sorry." She frowned and I helped her lay down. Her head rested on the pillow: long, red hair spreading about.

I turned to head into my sitting room to sleep on the couch, but she called after me.

She sat up, resting on her elbows.

"Jack, where are you going?" She asked. Her eyes pleading for me to come back, in which I did.

"I'm going to sleep on my couch. I'll leave the door open." I smiled, but she gripped my hand. A smile spread across her face and I never felt more happier.

"I don't want to sleep alone." She whispered and gave me a joyful look and made my heart flip.

After shutting the door and turning off the lamp, I laid close to Rose as she began to doze off. I smiled to myself and my heart stopped when she came closer to me. She wrapped her arms around around my torso and pulled me close. Our noses touched and she opened her eyes. Another smile came onto her face and I smiled along with her.

With the tension gone and happiness around us, we fell asleep with arms around each other. For once, I felt as if I had my Rose back.

As the week closed and Saturday morning approached, I noticed the changes in Rose. The scars began to fade away, her hair was once again soft, and she was able to get her hands on makeup once more. She loves her makeup and I didn't fight with her on it because I love her without it. Either way, I bought her clothes and products. I felt as if she moved in and I loved having someone to wake up to or next to. For the past few days, she has been sleeping in my bed and we would fall asleep next to each other. It was all too good to be true.

As the sun was up, I awoke to Rose in my arms once again. I smiled down at her and carefully unwrapped my arms around her, then left the room to let her sleep in peace.

Sitting in the dining room, I was eating breakfast and reading the newspaper in case any news of Cal showed up, but at the corner eyes she came in. Her hair was a mess and she wore the silk nightgown I bought her.

She sat down next to me and began to make herself a plate. I placed the newspaper down and gave her a happy look. I felt like we were an old married couple with love filling the two of us. I was so happy to see how much progress she has made in the past week and already was she eating normally.

"Good morning." I said and she turned to me. Syrup trailed down her chin and I chuckled at how cute she looked. I pulled out a clean cloth and handed it to her. She wiped the mess away and her face turning red from embarrassment. I laughed and she laughed in return.

"Well, good morning to you too." She grinned and began to eat some bacon with her hands. It was cute to see how unmannered she was. When we met on Titanic, all she really knew was table etiquette. If her mother could see her now.

After she ate, she stood up and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I turned my head to face hers and her red hair fell onto my shoulders. A curious smile began to spread across her face and she looked into my eyes with thankfulness.

"I'll see you later." She then kissed my cheek and left the room. My face became red as if I was a small child again and I had a fling. And I did.

After breakfast, I stood in my studio working on some pieces when Rose walked in. She wore the floral dress I have her and she looked so beautiful in it. Her red hair fell in it's natural curls and the pink lipstick on her lips matched with the flowers on the dress. She had a grinned on her face as she came up to me, looking at me work.

"I always forget what an amazing artist you are." She commented and sat down in a chair next to me.

"Want me to teach you to paint?" I placed my paintbrush down and she nodded. A smiled spreading from excitement.

I placed my painting down on the table and pulled out a fresh, clean canvas.

I pulled the chair in front of the stand and handed her my paints of all colors. She took hold of the paint brush.

I turned on the radio and jazz music filled the room making everything much more happier.

"What shall I paint?" She said in her mocking French accent.

"Anything you want." I said and began to clean my brushes and tools on the opposite side of the table.

I watched her begin to place pink strokes on the canvas and I smiled to myself.

The music filled the room and I hummed to myself in which Rose began to sing. I sung with her and the singing grew louder. It was nice and it felt like one of those memories that last a lifetime. I want it to be this way forever.

After some time, she placed her brush down and blew on the painting to help it dry.

"Jack, what do you think." She smiled and turned around in her chair. A pink flower formed on the canvas and the details we amazing. I felt like a proud parent and handed her a small, black pen. She had a secret talent of painting and it made me realize how many secrets she holds.

"Put your name on it. Every artist needs their artwork signed." She chuckled and placed her name under one of the petals in beautiful cursive.

Rose Dawson
10/13/22

I took it off the stand and walked over to the wall of paintings. Rose fallowed behind and I hung it up. I'll save this part of the wall for Rose's paintings. She stood behind me and smiled. Her eyes regaining that sort of sparkle that I fell in love with the first time I had a real good look at them.

"It's a masterpiece." I exclaimed and turned my head to her. She gripped my shoulders and grinned in proudness.

"I'll be the next Picasso." She laughed.

"Picasso doesn't paint flowers." I smiled and looked down to her. Her face was regaining its color and roundness and it made me so joyous.
I leaned in closer and turned around to face her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me once again. It felt like another 10 years has gone by since I've kissed her and I fell in love with her deeper than before.

When she pulled away and looked me in the eyes, I realized that no matter what happens, we will always find each other once again.