Chapter 10

After the major breakthrough with Gorge and his sad death, I spent most of my time looking for clues to where Cal and Rose were now.

Sitting in my office, I looked through maps and bank reports to get an idea where he might be or when he was sighted last. I had some investigators hired to look around the ports. But even though I had the money and the power to have all these people help look, I still don't know if Gorge told the truth. But, the fact that he killed himself made me certain that he was right.

As I sat, I heard a small knock on my door.

"Yes?" I said, expecting a butler or maid coming in. But, when the door clicked opened, I was taken back by who came in. A small, round woman glided in with hells clicking and a large up-do.

"Well, Mr. Bukater." She smiled.

"Molly, my goodness is it great to see you." I smiled and came over to her, hugging her like the old friends we were.

"Listen, I heard what happened. It was all over the news. The poor thing." She frowned and I lead her over to sit.

"So, did you ever keep in touch with Cal after the sinking?" I asked, sitting down. She looked so much older, but with much more makeup and jewels.

"Oh god no." She said in her loud, country voice. "And too be honest, I hated Ruth."

Molly told me everything she could about Cal after the sinking and even Ruth. But I guess we both never bother with them.

As she and I spoke, I felt as if we were on the Titanic again and the conversations we had when she helped me out with the suit. I missed her hilarious stories and her familiar country accent. She reminded me of my mother. She came from the south and always made me feel better with her stories. I miss my parents, but they are in a better place. That was different with Rose. For all I know, she was being abused or she could be dead right now. I just hope that because she stayed with me that it would put enough courage to stand up to Cal.

After some time, I pulled Molly to see the paintings Rose had made. I always adored them and I see her presence in the paints made me feel happy once more and beat on.

Her small eyes looked at each of the petals and details.

"She has so much talent." Molly smiled. "She can act and sing too."

"Sing? As if she was a singer?" I asked.

"Yes, she sung plenty of duets in theaters and done musicals." My heart felt heavy. I love Rose's singing, but I never knew that she sung in public. She was an amazing person with so many talents and so much potential. It would be an awful waste if her life was cut short.

Molly turned and looked down at the picture of Rose and I. She picked up the frame and smiled.

"She really loves you, Jack."

"We are engaged. I proposed and we had this picture taken." I explained. She placed the frame down and turned to me.

"You two are unbelievable." She raised her voice. "Ya'll fell in love in two, three days tops. It took my husband and I years to truly say we love each other and now I don't know what is up with him. Jack, if Rose ever comes back in your arms you better hold her tight. Soulmates only come a few times in a lifetime and Rose is yours." She explained. A saddened sigh escaped my lips as I began to miss her more. Tears came into my eyes, but I began to blink them away.

"If she was in my arms now, I would never leave her side." I said quietly.

"Jack, she will come back. I can promise you that. For the few days I've met her, she defiantly has a fighting sprit that can skip generations." She pulled her arms out and gave me a hug as if I was one of her kids.