Chapter 12

The day was finally here.

After the long year of 1922, I realized that I fell in love with Rose all over again and I couldn't believe that she was going to be my wife in just a hour.

April 12th, 1923

The date of our marriage. It was the day Rose and I first met and talked on the Titanic when she tried to commit suicide. It was amazing how different she is now from the event. And even after 11 years, I still think she is the most beautiful woman my eyes have ever seen.
The events of last year brought us so much closer together and I know how much I love her.

Leaving the mansion, I headed into the car and drove to the church where we are getting married.

The church was located on the left side of the city. It was a glorious building with large towers and stain glass windows that let the sunlight in. The walls were decorated in many wood carvings of swirls and the marble floors were stained in colors from the windows.

As I pulled up to the large building, it was crowded with all kinds of Rose's fans trying to get a glimpse of her. And I couldn't keep count as more and more came from no where. She was a star and that made me feel so much pride for her. The number of people turned from 40, 50, 60 to almost 500 in a snap. Reporters and newspaper writers stood by the door, waiting to ask her questions before she says I do.

Stepping out, a few men with notepads and pens came running up to me asking some questions with rapid voices of urgency. Some flashes went off as a few men took pictures for the papers.

"How long have you known Rose Dawson?"
"When did you first meet her?"
"What happened with the kidnapping incident?"
"How did you two survive the Titanic?"

The questions were being asked all around me and I gave the men a quick grin before stepping inside the quiet church.

I walked slowly down the aisle, heading up to the front where the priest waited. I finally took a long breath as the small voices of the guests filled the air.

Ruth sat in the front as she gave me a small, approving grin that only made me more nervous. Molly, who was next to her, only had her plump arms crossed with a large hat. She had her brow raised at the whole idea of me marrying Rose. I guess she is still angry at the idea on how fast we fell in love, but in a friendly way.

Standing there, with all kinds of eyes looking at me and wandering around the church, I reached into my pocket where I held the one person who I wished were here to be my best man. The shiny picture of Fabrizio and I was folded in my pocket and I felt as if he was right next to me. I could imagine him grasping my shoulder and whispering in my ear as he tells me to 'go get it'.

I grinned to myself at that thought of him saying that, because that would be exactly what he would say right now. And I would have loved to be his best man if he was getting married to Helga, but I know that they will forever be with one another in heaven.

Suddenly, the wedding music began to play and felt my heat burst. The crowd of guests stood up as they turned around to see the bride.

Rose and I didn't know many people and we invited mostly people who we talked about before she was kidnapped last year. It consisted of artists that I knew from my work and moving picture actors and actresses who Rose had worked with before. It seemed to be enough people to call this a real wedding and it was nice to have all of them standing there with the same enthusiasm as me.

The large, white doors slowly opened as Rose appeared with her beautiful face. A thin, see-through veil covered her face as I could see her red curls all pulled up into a bun. Her hands wrapped around a bouquet of roses that contrasted with her white dress.