Chapter 3

The last 2 days have been longer than any before.

But, the night was finally here and I drove up to the theatre with a large lump in my throat.
My hair was freshly cut and I wore my best suit in case she does see me. I want to look my best and when I see her, but I'm not sure what I'll do.

Even though I told her to make it count and live her life without me, I hoped that perhaps she wasn't in a relationship because all I wanted was to kiss her once more and love her again. This was a second chance to love her and I'll love her every single day.

I checked my watch quickly while fixing my hair.

5:30

I went early so I can get a better chance to see her and give her a chance to see me.

I hopped out of my car and walked slowly up the the line of people. The old man was right and many of the people seemed excited and giddy. There wasn't too much of a crowd, but enough to make me a little far from the doors of the building. I frowned and stood there waiting for her face.

The line extended from the entrance and down the sidewalk. It was about 30ft long with at least 50 people waiting, for now. Many more cars showed up with many more fans waiting.
I was proud of Rose. She had so many fans and the fame was all she ever wanted. I remembered when we were walking on the decks of the Titanic and how she told me that she wanted more than to be a little wife. She said she wanted to travel the world and become a moving picture actress. She did it. Her bravery was far more than I thought and I only loved that more.

Suddenly, the crowd roared as a black, shining car drove up to the entrance. My heart jumped and I held tightly onto the bouquet of roses in my hand to give to her. My smile grew until my cheeks became sore and I forced myself to not run up to her.

There she was, her red hair striking over her black dress. She was stunning and her smile grew into it's beautiful way upon her face. The red lipstick contrasting with her beautiful hair and her eyes shone.

But suddenly, a man appeared from inside the car. He came out and took hold of her pale hand. I frowned and watched her kiss the man deeply.

She was in a relationship?

My heart dropped and I felt ridiculous for ever thinking that she'll love me again.

She did make it count, like I told her, but I wanted to love her again.

Feeling like a fool, I thought of just leaving her alone. She was alive and that alone gave me peace, but her life was figured out already and I didn't know if I should barge in.

I was going to turned and leave, but her eyes met mine and her smile dropped. I saw the way all of the color from her face grew away and the way she looked so perplexed.

About 20 feet away from each other, she left her little crowd of actors and came straight up to me with an opened mouth.

"Jack?" She quivered. I held out the flowers for her to take. He soft hands took hold of the flowers with a small red ribbon wrapped around them. She smiled and looked at me with confused eyes.

"I knew you would make it count." I grinned and she wrapped her arms around me while gasping for air. My heart stopped and realized that she is with me once again. When we pulled away, her eyes were filled with tears. I pulled out a small handkerchief and held it to her beautiful face.

"Don't want to ruin your makeup." I smiled and she looked at me with a dreamy look. As if she didn't know if this was real or not. She didn't let go of my hand and embraced me as if she lost me for centuries. It remind me of the way I embraced her by the grand staircase when she jumped off the lifeboat to be with me. Her voice shifted into a low whisper.