Chapter 8

Weeks have gone by with no words from Cal and nothing seemed to have happened. Perhaps Cal has realized that Rose with never love him and maybe he grew up. But, with a madman like Cal, things can change in seconds.

It was late afternoon when I found Rose in the studio, painting some flowers while signing to the music. The bouquet of blue flowers appearing on the canvas. Her red hair was back up in a bun and she wore her apron that was covered in paint. I grinned to myself and snuck up behind her. I yelled while grabbing her shoulders, making her scream. Blue paint splashed on the apron which protected her navy blue dress. I held her shoulders and laughed while she turned around. She playfully punched my arm and I let go then laughed more.

"Jack, you idiot!" She yelled and I felt a little guilty, but she smiled and placed the paints down. "But you're my idiot."

She then turned around and began to paint again. She seemed to love to paint and already sold some of her work to local restaurants; just like I told her to. She now even felt a little more independent, since she can buy herself things instead of me.

"I want to show you something." I grinned and glanced at the window. Rose is an important part in my life and I placed my hand in my pocket, feeling the small, velvet box inside. My heart jumped and I was a nervous wreck.

"What?" She asked and I came back to reality. Her curious face only made her look more cute.

"Just, come on." I took her hand and she fallowed me while asking so many questions.
I pulled her outside and into the garden that reached towards the ocean. It was my favorite part of the mansion's property and she kept her focus on the beautiful flowers that laid like a blanket on the ground. The late autumn created the beautiful changed in the leaves and many covered the cement pathway.

In the center was a large water fountain with rose petals floating on top of the water. I made sure that this garden was perfect and she sat down on the marble slab and played with the petals softly.

"So, why did you drag me out here?" She crossed her arms. She had no idea of what I was going to do and I can't wait to see her face.

I stood in front of her with my hands holding hers. The sun shined on her hair making the highlights sparkle as they were tied up. She looked so lively and happy.

"Jack, is this another one of your jokes because I'm not in the mood." She laughed. I did enjoy pulled pranks on her, but this wasn't the case.

"Rose, I love you more than anything." I began.

"I love you, too." She grinned.

"And I want to always be with you and keep you safe." I then did the big step and knelt down on one knee. My heart pumped so fast and my head was spinning in circles. The butterflies in my stomach was more than anything and I felt as if I couldn't mess this up. Practicing in the mirror was a big help to make sure I did this right.

Rose's face turned from puzzled to excitement as I pulled out the small box and held it open. I opened the top to reveal the gold ring with a beautiful diamonds on top. She covered her mouth in happiness and smiled. My favorite part of the ring was the words engraved on the side of the band.

You jump, I jump

"Rose Dawson, will you do me the honor to let me love you forever and marry me?" I finally said and she nodded quickly.

"Yes, yes, of course!" She exclaimed and I placed the ring on her in which I stood up watching her eyes sparkle like the diamond. She then jumped up and wrapped her arms around me and I kissed her over a thousand times in joy. A sigh of relief come through my lips as I realized that the week of preparing for this was over.