Chapter 7

When I woke up next morning, I decided to talk Rose into going out in public. It's been some time since she has been in the city and I think this was what she needed to get her life finally back to normal.

She was still sleeping and I began to pull away, making her wake up as well.

Her jade colored eyes opened and she smiled as she turned to me.

"Good morning." She shifted her body around to face me. I looked down at her and smiled.

"I think we should go out and eat breakfast in the city." I let out. Her smile faded and she gave me a grave look of fear and puzzlement.

"Have you lost your mind?" She asked. "What if Cal is around or my mother?"

"Your mother is still in New York?"

"Cal has a mansion here on the opposite side of the city. My now mother lives with him and I did too. Until I escaped." She frowned and sat up, her back leaning on the backboard. She crossed her arms and sighed. "That little duchess brat left him and he began crawling back for the necklace."

"I'm sorry, but I think you should go out in public. You've been cooped up here for a week." I explained and stood up, stretching my arms.

"Well, I do need some city air." She grinned and I leaned down to kiss her cheek. She laughed and I pulled her up. I was happy to hear her agree, but to be honest I needed some city air as well. I've been stuck in here with Rose and it's all been wonderful, but I miss the culture of New York City.

I waited for her in the foyer as I fixed my hair in the mirror. I heard her heels click against the stairs and I walked around the corner to see her.

She looked more beautiful then ever and as she descended the stairs, I walked closer with a large grin. I held her hand in mine and kissed her knuckles. Bringing us back to the memory on the Titanic when I saw Rose descend the grand staircase in her beautiful gown with all of sparkles that resembled the stars. But that doesn't compare with the beauty of her today. So much life stained her face and eyes.
She smiled and raised an eyebrow with a playful look on her face.

"Shall we go?" She smiled and I held my arm out for her to take.

The air was cool and the sun was fading from the clouds. Winter was coming soon and couldn't wait for a new year with Rose.

I drove the car up the road and towards the city, glancing at her blown back hair as it flew in the wind, resembling flames.

We were greeted by the tall buildings as we crossed the large bridge. It was soothing to see the streets and many people and I realized how much I missed it.

I turned over to Rose, when we stopped for cars to pass, she kept looking over her shoulder in fear. I reached over and held her shoulder in comfort making her jump a little.

"Relax Rose." I smiled. "It'll be alright."

She just gave me a small smile and went back to looking at all of the people on the sidewalks in case one of them were Cal and his little group of wealthy brutes.

The small restaurant located on Ford street was quiet and only non-wealthy people eat here so it was safe from Cal who would never eat with 'unmannered poor creatures' as he probably puts it. The way he acts always pisses me off to no end and without his money and connections, he wouldn't last a day in the real world. In ways he was still a little child with no knowledge of reality. He lived in his fantasy world filled with expensive china, overpriced cigarettes, and designer clothing that would make any middle-class man dirt poor.

I pulled Rose inside and we sat under a gorgeous floral painting with purple petals and detailed specks. I looked up at the artwork and smiled to Rose.